Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Sweet Escape

Last weekend, Peter gave me the best gift when he made it possible for me to take a trip, alone, to Utah for my brother's baby blessing. While I was away, Peter held down the fort and had lots of male bonding with the boys. They also managed to get away from the house and reunite with our great friends who were back in town, the Christensens, at a petting zoo. Upon my return, they surprised me with lots of welcome signs and flowers. It was a fabulous time - thank you, honey!One of the major highlights of the weekend was snuggling and playing with my cute, adorable, sweet, and darling nieces, Vanessa & Nicole. Really, could they get any cuter? I was lucky to get in a day before the grandparents showed up to get lots of one-on-one fun with the girlies, and hang out with my SIL, Lisa.
Aunt "Mishelf" (as Vanessa calls me) & the rest of the fam had a great time playing at an awesome water park in Provo for Vanessa's birthday party. Here is a shot of my hunky brothers, Mark & Matt. That was another major highlight - them making me laugh. They are just too hilarious for words. I must include in here, for their enjoyment, that Parker seriously asked me yesterday, "Mom, why is it raining?" I was all too tempted to answer him in this way.
I was also able to attend an old friend's wedding while I was there. Hooray, Shad! It was great to be there, and to see him so happy.

Of course, the biggest major highlight of the trip was the actual baby blessing. Matt gave a beautiful blessing to baby Nicole that made me cry. Vanessa & Nicole, without knowing it, have strengthened the relationships in our entire family. I know that the challenges my sweet nieces will face in this life will only increase the bond they share as sisters, and bring them closer to Heavenly Father.

12 comments:

Sariah said...

Ah, what a sweet trip! I read up on the link you provided about your darling nieces Vanessa and Nicole! Seriously, I could felt their strong spirits and personality! Your brother's family is awesome...literally! You just want to hang out with them to have some of that love rub off on ya! :0) On a side note, does your sil have a sister named Angie that served a mission in Chile around 97-99?

I'm glad you had a great retreat! You deserved it! And so, so cute about Parker and his little girlfriend! He makes me smile all the time! Cute boys.

Mom B. said...

We were sure glad you were able to come and spend time with us! Peter, you are a champ! The whole weekend was fun, especially our "road trip" to Spanish Fork! Loved the "Haunted Mansion!" According to someone Matt knows, it used to be quite the site on Halloween! I would have loved to have seen it in it's hayday. I'll bet your boys are glad to have you home!

Megan said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice time! That water park looks like it was way fun! I'm sad we missed out!

Anne Marie said...

This looks like such a great trip. You were so lucky to spend time with your beautiful family. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Anne Marie said...

And I cannot believe how cute Parker and Lydia are. Soooo adorable!

Anonymous said...

Pictures!!!!!thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!! Everything looks beautiful! Glad you all had so much fun!

christine said...

love the pics.

sherrie said...

how fun. your nieces are dolls. i love that, aunt mishelf.

i bet peter had a blast alone with the boys. that deserves it's own post.

mateo said...

My girls are missing their Aunt Mishelf. Thanks so much for coming, we had a blast. I agree with Mom...the Spanish Fork road trip was a highlight. Classic Dad, driving aimlessly while everyone shouts unheeded directions in his ear.

Rachel said...

How lovely to get away on your own and soak up the fam! Some really great pictures! You are just glowing Michelle (maybe it's the lack of mothering responsibilities;Hmmmm....). Gotta LOVE Jack Handy! How nice to have brother's who make you laugh!

What sweet little girls. A very interesting diagnosis. Shorts not so bad ;). They really are little cuties!

Greg said...

Your trip sounds like it was wonderful but next time you're in town we would love to see you! I love all the pictures, though!

Celestia said...

Your trip looked so refreshing for you being able relax a little bit with a break from raising those two cute boys. Boy do I know boys can be wild. You look so happy holding those sweet little nieces of yours. It's fun to spend time with my nieces because I don't have any girls yet either.