
Our weekend was very fun-filled, as we were happily hosting my sister, Megan, and her husband, Jason. They
just moved to Oklahoma so that he can attend dental school and, lucky for us, they felt up to making the trek to see us. Megan is due with her first baby, a girl, in September. We spent most of our time with them laughing at the funny things they said, as they are hilarious people.

For Father's day, we had a BBQ, with fresh peach pie. Yum! Peter got a game from the boys called "
The aMAZEing Labyrinth." Parker did a great job of keeping it a secret. We played it with Meg & Jason, and it was very fun. I got him some new clothes and a tie - much needed for next year's internship! Here's a rare shot of Tyler
sleeping (as opposed to wrestling) with Daddy - our boys sure are Daddy's boys!

My birthday was on Monday. Since I turned 31, Peter surprised me with an ice cream cake from 31 Flavors/Baskin Robbins (yum again!), which we shared with the Thayns. We couldn't find the regular birthday candles, so Peter used the "3" from Parker's third birthday, then lit and stuck in a match next to it for the 1. My big present this year is a trip this coming weekend to Utah for my brother's baby's blessing, sans kiddos. In a successful attempt to be as thoughtful as he was with
last year's gift, Peter got me one of those cool
magnet containers, with a picture of us showing through the glass, and 31 dates rolled up inside for me to look forward to. The boys got me an Itunes gift card - yay! I also relished in lots of other cards, gifts & phone calls from well wishers. Thank you all!
12 comments:
Happy Birthday, girlfriend! That will be my age also in a few short months. Love the pic of Peter with Tyler. So cute! And we have that the Amazeing Labyrinth and enjoy it very much. It's challenging enough for both kids and adults.
Happy Birthday, Michelle! I'm sure you will LOVE your getaway san children! I know I do! No guilt here! ;0) Peter is always so thoughtful with his gifts to you as well. It's neat to see! Christopher kinda died off on that end!
Also, Megan is just DARLING! She still looks so cute! Congrats to her as well on her pregnancy!
Have fun this next week!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a creative and sweet guy! And it's always nice when family comes into town...a nice surprise indeed!
Happy Birthday! I'm so excited you get to come out and see us. We'll miss the boys, but I think every mom needs to get a trip sans kids (or have them take a trip without you, like in my case)! See you tomorrow!
Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great one. My parents have they labyrinth game and we love it. Have a wonderful time this weekend!
Happy happy birthday!!! Do you still have girls night/lunch out to celebrate over there?
Love the cute gift idea - where does he come up with these?
Glad you had a good birthday. Love the pictures of megan and your hubby,
Oh, I miss you guys already! Thanks so much for being such wonderful hosts and for such a fun weekend!
Parker was a blast yesterday in Sunbeams. He was very proud that he got to take you to the airport and exclaimed that you were on a vacation ALL BY YOURSELF (saying it with such a sense of indulgence that I knew you had to be having a good time).
Ok, in that picture Tyler somehow looks just like a Parker who shrunk. I couldn't figure it out! It must be the lying down, or lighting, or something mysterious. Hope your bday was awesome. And I hope Utah was great!! See you soon!
that cake looks yum-o even WITH the match stuck in there.
Happy birthday I will be having that b-day in a few months too. Wow Megan looks so much like you. I swear I thought that was you at first!
Post a Comment