Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Family Motto

For Family Night this week, we decided on a family motto. We brainstormed ideas first and here's a sampling of the suggestions that came up:
  • United We Stand
  • Swim at the Hotel
  • Together Forever
  • We Drive a Car
  • Family First
  • Play Nicely
  • In God We Trust
  • I Like to Drink my Milk
  • Try to be like Jesus
  • Sit on the Couch
  • Do good, be good
  • Eat Rolls

We decided to combine a few of our best ideas and came up with "We are happy when we love, serve & obey." This is bound to change over the years, but for now, it suits our little family.

7 comments:

Sariah said...

These are too cute! I actually really love your overall winner! Now to just help the application of such, right!??

Our family motto: Household peace, and sugary treats! That was before WW (hence the NEED for WW). We have since modified it: Household peace, with lots of healthy treats!

Heidi said...

How fun! I liked Sit on the Couch and Eat Rolls. Well, the swimming one was good, too. Thanks for sharing!

sherrie said...

i like to drink my milk - i think i'll take that one for us.

Anne Marie said...

Very cute! We're going to have to brainstorm one soon.

Rachel said...

A great FHE! I love the kids ideas, but I guess yours will do! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Totally hilarious! We drive a car, that is definately my favorite...especially after the car story you told me a few days ago! Love and miss you!

Mom B. said...

Such cute ideas, especially from Parker. He knows what is important, especially to a four year old boy! Hugs and kisses from Grandma B.