Now is the time for the summer reading program at the library, for which the boys have already read their first sixteen books a piece and redeemed many of the prize coupons around town. Also the time for the library summer shows - the magician was lame but we're hoping for better in the next few weeks.
Now is the time for the Farmer's Market, picnics at the park, walks/bike rides at the arboretum, and the downtown wading pool.
And that was just last week! Amongst the moving madness, we're still taking advantage of one last summer of traditions in Kansas. After all, this may be our last time to get up close and personal with the chiggers...
9 comments:
Ah,yes. Moving is such a sweet sorrow! Kansas was lucky to have you!
Gosh, all the hot weather looks like the way its been here recently!
Looks like you're really taking advantage of what Kansas has to offer. I miss that library so much. I've been so disappointed with the one here.
You are always so good about doing things out 'n' about. I feel like a couch potato when I hear all the cool things you're doing. Wow!!! Thanks for motivating me.
Good for you guys to get out there and stay active! We'll happily join you for some pool time downtown this summer!
What a cute pic of your "boys." I'm glad you can have one more summer in Lawrence. I will miss that fun little town!
I LOVE summer library reading clubs!! They have so many fun activities and such to do with the kids. They give me a recharge of ideas to do with little ones in our area too!
I'm so glad that you are having fun with reading and your boys! I'm sure your next home will have a great program as well!
Ahhh, sweet Kansas memories! Well, except that part about the bugs!
Congrats to Peter on getting 'published'! That's sweet!
What fun times! Soak it up, girl!
chiggers...i bet you'll miss them!
Post a Comment