Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One Last Hurrah

This past weekend marked the last of our fun family gatherings for the summer - sniff, sniff. Jared, Heidi, Ashley, Daniel, Katie, Andrew, Abby & Eliza all came to stay at our house for one last hurrah before we move! Highlights were:

Cousin time. Parker looooves his cousins Andrew & Abby, and aside from the boys needing their occasional "alone time" together to play, they all got on famously.

Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby. Tyler also found mischief with his fellow year-old cousins Ashley & Eliza. Ashley, how did you miss out on this one? Hmmm, you must have been napping.

Our night out! We got two babysitters for the six munchkins and took off to the Plaza for some Jack Stack bbq. Yum. We also treasured our late night convos after the kiddos went to bed (did I say went to bed? I mean went to SLEEP, since that was a totally different story!)

Other events included seeing Ratatouille, library storytime, the dead zoo, the arboretum, placemat purse making and "Tom" & Jerry's on Mass Street. We will definitely miss being so close to our Iowa & Arkansas families, but can't wait to see them again at Christmas!

9 comments:

Kristy said...

How fun! I love family visits. I can't believe I never tried that BBQ place in KCI.

Lori said...

Looks like you're enjoying every minute of your time - good for you. I had to click on the dead zoo link...and then the I was like, "Oh..." I've never really know what to call what they have there.

Anne Marie said...

You really made the most of your visit. The cousins look so cute together. I have loved watching my boys enjoy their cousins through the years.

Rachel said...

Bitter sweet, I'm sure! What a blast, though! Good times.

Katie said...

OH BABY! You are so funny! We will miss you guys so much! Thanks for all the food and laughs. Hey, wanna drive through Harlan on your way out?? Hmmm??

Heidi said...

What a fun weekend that was...especially the adult escape downtown. And I love my placemat purse! Now I just need to make a few more to put with the one I have. We will always have wonderful memories of your place(s) in Lawrence. Good times, Good times...

sherrie said...

fun to hang out with fam. i bet you will miss living close to them.

Megan said...

I'm glad you guys all got to get together one last time while you are all close! It sounds like you guys had a great time!

Celestia said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Love the pics of the kids.