Since its last oil change, the Brainkase has been stalling and not recovering in the intersections lately as Peter has been driving to work, and it is now leaking stuff all over the place. There is little hope for recovery, and we are donating it to charity. It has been a miracle of a car for the years we've had it, and of course a major blessing to our family.
Ode to the Brainkase
Oh Brainkase, we will not soon forget how you veered yourself suddenly to the right or left as we drove you.
Nor will we forget how we could take the key out, and you still kept running.
We will ever remember that your dashboard light told us we were going in reverse, even when we were in drive.
How your battery would drain if we didn't disconnect your digital clock before heading out on vacation.
Oh, let us not forget how your engine light would shine when we drove above 45 mph.
Farewell, Hot Rod, farewell.
11 comments:
Aw...what a good little car. Sounds like the direction min is heading unfortunately!!!
opps, I mean minE is heading!
So sorry to hear about the loss of an important family member! The Brainkase served you just long enough!!
I love that ode! Glad that it lasted these last 3 years.
That was very touching.
I guess not all $500 dollar cars can last as long as the booger. At least you got 3 years of adventure out of it.
AWESOME poem! Glad that in its final moment it didn't leave you stranded somewhere.
the brainkase brings back memories of a dear old friend of mine. you might remember him, bluecheese. now i need to write my own ode...
I can't say that I'll miss that jalopy! It scared the heck out of me when I drove it. I'm just glad that Peter made it through the last three years alive!!!
I love the ode! I think all students have a car like that at some point in their life...3 years was a good life span...considering all that was plauging it in the ode! It would never make it to Ohio, that's fo sho! ;-)
Hilarious poem. Oh man I couldn't stop laughing.
Post a Comment