
Okay, this is the last of all of my posting for the day! Last night for family night we did something a little unlike us and purposely messed up the boys' bedtime. We just couldn't pass up Wildlights at the Zoo. It was so beautiful, not too crowded, and only a little bit freezing. The boys, of course, loved seeing the light displays of the animals and even paid a visit to Santa.


But the attraction that really drew them in was the huge model train display. They had six or seven different trains, and little control stations for the kids to drive them themselves! Both boys were in heaven, making us stay to watch for nearly a half an hour. Then we watched the ice skaters on the rink and had a stroller race back to the car. It was one of those perfect family moments that you never want to end...unless it's to go home and drink hot chocolate!
p.s. This song came on the radio on our way home and Parker started cracking up! I guess Jewel's singing can be funny sometimes.
8 comments:
I wish I could say our family night was that picture perfect! We drove out to Thanksgiving Point to see their amazing Christmas light display (you drive through it), but there were WAY TOO MANY people, we bailed. Ha!
My kids would've loved the trains - holy cow! What fun!
I'm so happy to see someone else blogging more than one post in a day! :)
What a perfect night! That looks so festive. And I am totally missing your ornament party this year. You are definitely THE hostess for parties! Those waffles sound absolutely divine. I'm going to have to try them!
Just have to comment real quick on the "Small One" book for last night! LOVE THAT BOOK! Do you remember a video (church?) that came out about that? Good find! I need to check for that book at our library!
Ok, the Zoo looked like a really fun family activity! I think Parker is so cute with his facination with trains...and cars! Such a boy! Love it!
I love all the light displays and activities during Christmas time at places that you would normally never go to at night! It makes the season more fun when there are so many cool things to do and see! What a fun family night!
What fun! Santa in the cold is perfect! Am loving the ornaments they chose - what a great idea! I choose the kids' for them (or rather St. Nick - who comes on the 5th does). Thanks again for displaying all your books for Christmas.
sounds like a fun night. i've been craving ice skating, one of my biggest dreams is to ice skate in central park. tyler looks so cute on santa's lap with his red beanie! cute.
holy cow, I can see why this song made Parker laugh, it made me crack up. Rudolph the red nose, ba-doink-a-doink, reindeer! Looks like a perfect family night! That train thingy is way cool! Perfect for your two boys!
Post a Comment