Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cozy Winter Morning

On Saturday we took the luxury of spending a morning in and making something other than cereal for breakfast. I found this recipe in my files and I don't remember where I got it! If you are looking for a delicious breakfast recipe to treat your family to this holiday season, look no further. This one is heavenly.

Molasses Ginger Waffles

2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, separated
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. molasses
1 c. milk
whipped cream - an awesome topping

Mix all dry ingredients, set aside. Beat egg whites until peaks form, set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar together - add egg yolks, molasses, and milk. Add dry ingredients. Then fold in egg whites. Cook in your waffle maker and enjoy!

7 comments:

Megan said...

MMMMMM!!!! Those look and SOUND so good!!! I'll have to give them a try this weekend! Maybe I'll have Jason try to make them, I always screw waffles up!

Mom B. said...

Those look so yummy! You will have to make them for us when you come next week!

Sariah said...

Now this looks DEE-lish! You know I'm about to try those babies tomorrow morning! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Rachel said...

I'll be there next Saturday!!!!

christine said...

YUMMY!

Greg said...

We love gingerbread waffles! In fact, this year I made up a recipe for gingerbread waffle mix and handed it out for my neighbor gifts with a small tub of homemade cinnamon butter. (with a note recommending that whipped cream makes a delightful topping) MMMmmm.....I might need to make some for dinner tonight!

Jess said...

These look so delicious! I just bought some molasses to make some gingerbread cookies, so I'll think I will make them soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe.