Sunday, December 02, 2007
Thanksgiving
I'm finally getting around to posting! We have had a whirlwind of activity the past few weeks, and an evil cold virus trying to thwart my posting plans!
First...Thanksgiving. We had my parents and brother, Mark, come out to celebrate with us. Lucky us! Mom came a few days early and kept the boys busy and having fun with her great Turkey Day crafts! So cute! Everyone helped out with the prep for the feast. Due to the immense amount of food and need for additional buffet-style service in the dining area, we moved the table into our tiny living room and cozily enjoyed dinner! Parker & Tyler opted out of the mainly foreign food offerings and watched a movie in the basement. Note their empty table in the slide show. For dessert, we decided on a "one pie-per-adult" ratio. Pie selections included the much-requested Mom apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chocolate cream pie and a blueberry sour cream pie that Mom & I kind of invented ourselves. They were all deeelicious. We had leftovers for five days and froze the rest.
Second...the Christmas tree. Since the above-mentioned virus had attacked Tyler full-force, our original plans to visit Kirtland were canceled. We decided that with more male muscles around, we would follow last year's agenda and visit a local tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. I found a farm that looked promising online, and we headed out sans Mom & a coughing T-bone. The place had a cute "nativity donkey & sheep" and a fun way to drag your kid...I mean tree, around on a sled. I was pretty disappointed with the selection, however - most of the trees were very short and although we were seeking something smaller than last year's "very fat tree," I was hoping for a little more than the Charlie Brown tree we ended up with. Oh well! After freezing for over an hour out there due to my pickiness, Parker being dragged all the way, we chopped one down and hauled it home. It was fun to watch Parker & Tyler's excitement as we decorated for Christmas.
Overall it was a very fun time to show my family around Columbus. We hit many of our favorite spots and I think my Mom & I literally shopped 'til we dropped. It was awesome. Parker in particular was very sad to see Grandma Brown go, but lucky us! We see them again and every other Stewart and Brown we know in two weeks at Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Looks like you had a great time and I think your tree looks great. Those pies made my mouth water, I had pie envy.
Loved the pictures. Those pies sound so delicious. I think your ratio of pies to adults sounds perfect. Looks like such a great visit. I love all those cute Thanksgiving crafts you did with your mom.
i like your tree. at least you have one! we are yet to get ours...looks like thanksgiving was fun. nothing better than having your mom there to make pies. yum.
What a feast! I missed Mom's cooking this year...hooray for a Christmas feast in 3 weeks! Can't wait to see you all! (Love the pic of T with the lights....awww!)
Sweet! I've been waiting for these pics! I don't blame you for the delay. Just the recovery from vacation without any sickness takes a while. Nice tree! When you said Charlie Brown I was picturing like a tree branch sitting in a dixie cup.
WHat a fun grandma to have all those little crafts! The cookie turkeys are awesome! Looks like grandpa and uncle were a lot of fun too!
Dang cold virus! Poor T-bone! I do love the photo of him with the lights, though. Gorgeous, Dahling!
What a fantastic weekend with loved ones! I love your new blog layout and the music is so festive! Hope you can kick some COLD/FLU Booty soon and welcome back health!
We had so much fun! The boys were very good even though they were under the weather. All the pictures turned out cute, especially the one of Tyler with the lights and the one of you and Parker at the tree farm! Can't wait to see you soon!
My favorite pic is w/your little one and lights too. I also like your tree, its got character!!
Dang girl,...you are looking really good! LOVE that picture of you and Parker and that one with you at the table...your eyes were strikingly blue! Do I sound like your stalker yet? lol. Good to have you back. I was checking your blog multiple times a day to see what's up with ya! (Ok, so I might be a blog stalker!)
Love, love the blog layout! Oh, and I'm soooo glad that you mentioned the book advent b.c I was just coming to your blog to check out your post from last year. I want add that to our family traditions this year, albeit a little late!
Your boys are so lucky to have a mom (and dad) that love to read to them.
Oh, and how blessed are you to be hangin' with family every month?!?! Lucky! (Said with my best Napolean Dynomite impersonation!)
That picture of Tyler with the string of lights would win a contest!
Post a Comment