Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

We spent Turkey Day with Peter's brother Jared, his wife Heidi and their baby, Ashley. It was a blast, as always. We made a huge feast that lasted us for four days worth of meals and played lots of games. As you can see, we did not suffer in the pie department (and yes, I know those are Christmas plates). The kids got along famously and gave us lots of naps so we could hang out. We did the Black Friday thing, although due to a food hangover we didn't get around to shopping until noon. We still found a few steals :).

On Friday night we headed out to Mass Street to watch Santa get rescued (by firemen) off of the top of Weaver's department store. We had never done this before, and it was so cute that I can't believe we have missed it the last three years! The pictures above were featured in the local paper. If you look in the background you will see Peter, Parker & I. Very fun.

The last hoo-hah of the weekend was our trip to Green Forest Christmas Tree Farm to get our tree! Peter & I had never gotten a real tree before. Since it is our five year anniversary this year, I decided to copy my sister and do something we hadn't done in five years as part of the celebration. We are VERY proud of our VERY fat tree. I have loved just staring at it whenever I walk by.

11 comments:

Sariah said...

It's ChristmasTIME!!! I LOVE your fatty mcgee Christmas Tree! We have a fatty too! LOVE THEM! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Your family pic that was in the newspaper is too cute! Where was Tyler? I love that you love Christmas so much too! Can't wait to see more pics!

Sariah said...

P.S. Has it really been 5 years already? It seems like last month you introduced me to Peter (whom you were just starting to date) while at our fabulous Nuskin jobs! I remember it soo well as we were both taking Psychological Statistics and he was rockin it and I was trying to keep from failing it! Yep,..he's a dang smart cookie! Congratulations to the both of you! 5 years and 2 kids! Don't waste any time do ya?!?! Totally kidding. Love ya!

sherrie said...

that's one skinny santa and one big fat tree! sounds like you guys had a nice thanksgiving - wish you were going to WA for Christmas, we'll miss ya!

Sariah said...

Is that a pecan pie I see? Wanna share the recipe with me?

Joy said...

Love your tree...can't wait til we can get a real one too.

Lori said...

Cute tree. I was thinking a fresh one sounded fun this year after pulling out our fake one and fluffing all the branches - something I hate doing but that has to be done. Maybe on our 10 year anniversary in a couple of years.

I missed your picture in the paper! That's so fun. Thanks for sharing. Chris and I were eating at Chipoltle one year when we saw a crowd gather, heard the commotion and saw Santa on a firetruck. That's the closest we've come...maybe next year.

Anne Marie said...

Wow! That tree is so beautiful. You have such great taste, Michelle. And I love the pictures of the pies, yummy. Glad to hear you got some good deals on Friday.

Camie said...

How did we miss out on all the fun of Santa on top of Weaver's?? I think that's a great picture of your family watching--thanks for sharing! And your Thanksgiving looked like a real feast.

Greg said...

I love the holidays--we just inherited two artificial trees and so we didn't get a real tree this year & seeing yours I can almost smell the pine :) It's BEAUTIFUL!

LucindaF said...

That is one Awesome Phat tree! How come everything that is fat is cute to us except for ourselves? Sounds like you had a great time, I will really miss seeing you when I head to the NW. Is Parker on top of Peter's shoulders and you have a stroller by your side?
Merry Christmas lady! And I do need to call you out on the not gettting up at 4:30 am for the door busters. You inspired me and then... well I still love ya.

christine said...

Like your tree :0) The real ones always make it so Christmasy and they smell fabulous.