Monday, December 03, 2007

The Ranch a la Christmas


Look at how much fun we had with nine bucks and a bunch of leftover Halloween candy! Thank you, Wilton! This year, we decided to make our gingerbread house into the Stewart family "ranch house." There are, of course, minute deviations from the actual establishment, but I think we did a pretty good job at turning the Ranch into Candyland!

The master builders hard at work.

Here we have our woodpile...

...and the fishing pond at the beaver dams! Good times!

10 comments:

christine said...

Wow that's a die hard gingerbread house!

Heidi said...

What a fun Ranch house! Way to ring in the Christmas season. I had to smile when I looked at your 'fat' tree from last year. We are still using the 3-ft. tabletop one. One of my piano students last week said, "Um...Sister Stewart...why do you have such a small tree?" Ha! Which reminds me...we've had fun with the book Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect. Thanks again for that! Ok, this comment is long enough! Have a great week!

Mom B. said...

What fun! I like the idea of turning the "traditional" gingerbread house into something personal! I was always boring and did the same old thing with you guys. Way to be creative!

sherrie said...

what a master piece, now it's time to eat it right? i remember a few years ago with the young women we made them then had a food fight with them afterwards. it was most gratifying.

Rachel said...

Awesome! It turned out so good! I just might use it as a reference when we pull out our kit! Very cute pistures of the men hard at work!

Sariah said...

Great use of leftover Halloween candy! Very creative and I love that it has some personal meaning! What a fun mom you are!

Mollie said...

What a perfect little ranch! I love the roof! Love the wood pile, too. So fun! I was going to enter the city competion this year, then after looking around at my home...I decided I better stop playing and get some organizing done.:( Why are blogging and playing so much more fun than work?!?!?!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Now all you need are a couple of candy horses (complete with one that likes to step on feet) and corn cobs! No, really, that is such a cool idea. I bet it was fun for everyone (and a stomach for eating the leftovers later). See you soon!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Sorry, that was supposed to say stomachache!

Anne Marie said...

The gingerbread house turned out fantastic!!! Love it. Such a cute picture with the guys at work.