Saturday, September 01, 2007
When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Go Shopping
Thanks for helping me remember that I have great friends everywhere! Peter left yesterday morning for Utah and I decided that I just needed to take advantage of the huge Labor Day sales going on at the outlet mall I've been wanting to visit. After assessing the boys' fall clothing needs, we headed out and spent four-and-a-half hours shopping! There must have been angels attending, because seriously, the boys were SO good. Tyler stayed in his stroller the entire time (fully supplied with snacks, of course) and Parker was happy just to push the stroller. I found some amazing deals on clothes for the kids, but perhaps most importantly, I found phenomenal deals at Pottery Barn outlet and DIDN'T BUY A THING! That took some restraint, especially since I didn't have Peter there to help corral me in. We'll see if I'm able to hold out a whole year without giving in to my PB obsession!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm checking on airline prices right now....;)
I'm just leaving for some shopping myself! I'm going to JoAnn's big sale! Mark and Kaitlin are going school shopping on their own. Mark has his own account now, so I just transfered some money into his account this morning for his school clothes! Glad you were able to have such a fun time and the boys were so good!
WHAT?? you crazy girl! I went to the outlets an hour from me today also! The whole family went and we spent lots of $$, but we had a great time, and now we'll be really stylin!
Oh lonely is never fun! Shopping is fantasctic, though! Very impressed you resisted the Pottery Barn Sales! I would not have been so strong. Hope the skies are sunnier this week!
Sounds like a blast. I can't believe your kids held out so well. I think that's gotta be a record. Pottery Barn has such cute things.
That is what my Labor Day will consist of, BBQ then some shopping! The kids need some jeans before school starts on Tuesday. Hopefully I will find something great for myself too! I hope you are surviving without Peter. You need to get a good book. Have you started reading the books by Stephenie Miller? Erika
I'm glad you were able to have a positive shopping experience! I took the girls back-to-school shopping up at the outlets and have vowed never to do so without another set of hands to keep them in line. I am also glad to hear you are in the nursery & not in a Stake calling (I would have felt bad that I passed out your info if that was the case!)
i must say that having constraint when shopping at an outlet store takes great self control. good job! i don't know if i could have been as strong...
I'm finally checking your blog again. I'm glad you're liking Ohio, except for the loney grey day....yeah, there are a lot of lovely overcast days in Ohio. I'm glad we got to go to the train thing with you! I'll see you this week for preschool!
ah...so glad the boys behaved! that makes it so much nicer! good luck trying to hold out on buying anything from the pb outlet! i know i would not stand a chance!
Post a Comment