Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Berry Good Day

Last night Peter and I went our on our first date here in Columbus to check out Easton Town Center (yes, more shopping). While out, we picked up this book that was recommended to us - it's a winner! They have so many great ideas for things to do with kids - festivals, fun places, tours, state parks - most of them within a couple hours of our home! The authors have traveled everywhere with their kids and have many other books, so check out their site - they may just have your state, too!
One of the listings in the book was for a u-pick farm about thirty minutes away. Since I left my peach freezer jam behind in Kansas and we've been suffering for it, we decided to head out and pick raspberries! The kids loved it, despite a little rain. We ended up with five pounds of raspberries in a little over an hour! When we were finished, all Parker had to say was "It's a good day on the farm!" Bring on the raspberry jam!

9 comments:

Megan said...

Sweet! What a neat find! Parker's comments always crack me up! What a stud!

sherrie said...

great book. those raspberries are making me really hungry now. glad you guys are able to find fun stuff to do in the new area.

My Many Coloured Days said...

The raspberries look delish - and I can just imagine your jam! Beryy picking is always a great family activity.

Anne Marie said...

Homemade raspberry jam sounds so tasty. You guys are so good about getting out and enjoying things.

Anonymous said...

Aww! T-bone is so sweet! I just want to give him a big squeeze! promise me you will not cut his hair any shorter! Parker is undeniably hilarious...Christmas this year should be memorable. (Donkey!!!)

Rachel said...

What a terrific family outing! LOVE fresh picked foods! Send some this way! ;)

mateo said...

Sweet find! I hope you guys get to hit a lot of cool places in your year there. I checked the website and it looks like the authors haven't ventured out west yet. Maybe we can team up with them and write a book on the joys of Utah!

mateo said...

Fun for kids at the Gargoyle House!!

Mom B. said...

I love to pick raspberries! Quick and easy! I'll bet the jam is great too! Can't wait to eat some on Turkey day!