Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday Stroll

Last Sunday after church, (and after a torrential rainstorm) we decided to check out a Columbus Metro Park, Inniswood Gardens. It was breathtaking, even for having discovered it late in the season! Even better, all of the metro parks are free admission and there are many, many more for us to discover. It reminded us in a small way of Butchart Gardens in Victoria, B.C., although obviously on a much smaller scale. The kids loved it and we will definitely be making trips back in the coming seasons!

Because I got a new camera and went ballistic with taking pictures, we put them in a slide show. There's music to go with it, courtesy of George Winston :).

13 comments:

The Lassen Family said...

so pretty!!! we will be coming to visit my sister at some point!! Wow it is beautiful! Take advantage of it while you are there!

Anne Marie said...

That is so beautiful! I just am so impressed how you guys really get out and see stuff. We are so slow to ever make plans and get out.

Deb said...

Mary said when she saw the pictures "Parker went there without me?" Looks beautiful great shots of the flowers.

Megan said...

So pretty! Those bug sculptures are cool! I bet the boys loved those! I'm glad you are getting good use out of your new camera!

Megan said...

P.S. I love the music!

Mom B. said...

Wow, you really have some beautiful parks to visit! The insect statues are awesome, right up a little boys alley! Glad you were able to take advantage while the weather was nice. Hugs and kisses from Grandma!

Rachel said...

So is my room ready? I'll be there tomorrow! What a cool place you are living and I love that you are taking advantage of all that Ohio has to offer! Live it up, girl! GREAT PICS!

christine said...

some great shots Michelle. The giant bugs look like a fun thing to do with young boys!

Sariah said...

Fun to catch up on your busy new life in Ohio! Look like you are really having a great time and some sweet adventures! Love the pics from the park...what is your new camera? I'm hoping to get a nice one for Christmas and like to know what others use. I like your shots.
Just have to comment that Parker is a BABE! I loved the school pics! He is such a big boy! Just think, you will be doing this for the next 15+ years...sending your boys off to school every morning! It's begun! I'm glad that he is enjoying it so much! Love ya!

Heidi said...

Michelle, you are amazing! I love how you keep your blog so updated and I love all the cool stuff you do on it. I should hire you! I also admire how you take advantage of wherever you are living. You always find fun, cool family things to go do. You've inspired me on multiple levels. Thanks!
PS. So what kind of new camera did you get?

sherrie said...

good find, those flowers are beautiful. good to see you out and having fun already around the new place.

mateo said...

Man, you guys have been finding a ton of cool stuff to do out there! Those bug sculptures are sweet. Hope you can get a few more cool outings in before the weather changes.

Sarah Beck said...

beautiful! looks like everyone had so much fun. i love the flowers.