Thursday, September 27, 2007

My RA Survival Kit

Yesterday I received a knock at the door and opened it to find this surprise package - as my friend Rachel puts it, GOOD MAIL!

It was from my amazingly clever sister-in-law, Katie, who upon hearing my arthritis news decided to send me a survival kit! She had done this once before for me, when I was pregnant with Parker. I know that I am totally embarrassing her by posting this, but everyone must know what a wonderful girl she is. What she did is a very fabulous and thoughtful gesture to help someone who is dealing with any kind of trial! It made me laugh and cry at the same time!

Attached to each item was a "prescription" for how the item will help. For example, the note tagged to the mask read "This mask is essential for those 'I feel way too crappy to put any make-up on' mornings." You can bet I'll be using that one (like every day). Another was a pack of Airhead sweetly sour belts candy. The prescription? "When you're feeling achy and the kids are too much, simply use these to tie them up. Wrists and ankles should do. Ear plugs not included."
One of my favorite parts of the kit were these "Positive Thought & Self-Affirmation" stickers. These are hangin' up on my fridge, baby! Love you, SIL!

12 comments:

andrewsrock said...

You are loved my friend! I wish I could of come up with something that cute and creative and meaningful! Very, very sweet! Oh on a side note, Michelle had her little Olivia a couple of weeks ago, if you haven't already heard, which you probably already have, so just uh forget I said anything!

Anne Marie said...

What a sweet sister-in-law! Those look like great ideas. I'm so impressed by her creativity and thoughtfulness. Hoping you will have many pain-free days in your future!

Camie said...

I like the Halloween blog motif! Very cool. And what an awesome sis-in-law you have! I'm so glad you shared--especially the hilarious stickers! Now I can't remember what I was going to say because I'm just listening to Thriller!

Rachel said...

What a cool little art gallery in your kitchen! Brilliant!

Love the GOOD MAIL! What a studly sister-in-law...and funny too! Take care, my dear friend.

Rachel said...

Oh and I love your little quote up top about the continous little treats! Perfect!

Mom B. said...

Wow, Katie sure is creative. I'm so glad she is such a great sister-in-law for you. The world needs more people like her!

Megan said...

Oh, you are so lucky to have such a sweet SIL! That was so sweet of her! GOOD MAIL is always so fun!

Megan said...

P.S. Does your friend Rachel frequent Mormonchic???

Heidi said...

Katie is just the greatest! That is such a creative package. Wow! I think my favorite part was the stickers. Those were too funny. She sure knows how to make someone feel loved. What a great SIL we have!

Katie said...

I'm blushing!

Sariah said...

So cute! I love it! What a thoughtful SIL! Cherish it!

Emily said...

That is wonderful! Smart and funny and perfect. She must really love you!