Monday, September 17, 2007

Attention, All Pumpkin Lovers...

I think I have discovered the tastiest pumpkin dessert recipe...ever. I found it in my Fix It and Enjoy-It cookbook and made it for dinner with our cousins last night. Oh my, did we ever enjoy. It was super easy, a big hit and one worth sharing with the whole world!

Pumpkin Crunch Cake Divine
(renamed by me...it's listed as Pumpkin Yummy Dessert in the book - hardly does it justice)

29-oz. can pumpkin
1/4 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground cloves
1 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
14-oz. can evaporated milk
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, melted
1 c. chopped pecans, if desired**
Cool Whip, or ice cream (I recommend Cinnamon ice cream, but Vanilla would be fine)

1. In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, sugar and eggs. Blend well.

2. Add milk slowly while mixing and blend thoroughly.

3. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.

4. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over batter.

5. Pour butter evenly over cake mix.

6. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
**If adding pecans, bake only for 30 minutes, then sprinkle nuts on top, then bake for additional 20-30 minutes.

7. Cool. Serve with cool whip or ice cream.

12 comments:

Sariah said...

Oh, wow Michelle...this sounds devine indeed! We've got some people over for dinner tomorrow night and this recipe will be our dessert!! Thanks for sharing! I always love this time of year b.c pumpkin is in season and there are just so many yummy pumpkin recipes out there! Good find my friend! I just hope mine turns out as great as yours! Keep up the sharing of recipes! I love a new one!

Sariah said...

That would be DIVINE...DOH!!

Mom B. said...

I have that recipe and I think it was called "Pumpkin Dump Cake", but your name sounds better! It is really good and perfect for this time of year. It is fall here already!! Woo hoo, my favorite season!

Anne Marie said...

I am totally making that! I've even got that cookbook and never tried it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Rachel said...

We are so on the same wave length, girl! This looks so fabulous, I think I have my next pumpkin treat planned for me! Can't wait to try it! Oh, and thanks for posting the recipe! :)

Jon and Sarah said...

I made this for book club last fall and everyoned loved it. It also makes the best leftovers for breakfast.

lisa h. said...

sounds good...maybe we'll have to get together and make it again...

last year we discovered that graeter's pumpkin ice cream was amazing on fudgy brownies!

i'm thinking of doing a mom's preschool lunch party - i have to talk to you!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Sounds delish. Thanks for posting. Fall is definately a season for sharing favorite recipes.

Megan said...

AH! I've been craving something pumpkin! I guess I'll just have to try this!

Mollie said...

Can I just say that I loved reading Mom's "woo hoo" comment. I can just visualize her saying that and doing her little happy dance! ;) I love that you are already making pumpkin desserts! You are so festive! I blame you entirely for my addiction last fall to pumpkin pie blizzards!

christine said...

I love pumpkin this time of year. Surprisingly it can be a great comfort food.

Joy said...

I too love pumpkin - I will have to try this one.