Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Idol (Idle) Predictions

Okay, Peter and I got sucked back into American Idol this season and after last night's show, we have already picked our predictions for who will make the top twelve....I'll rank them in the order that I like the most:

1. Jason Castro - LOVED this guy.
2. Michael Johns
3. David Archuleta
4. David Cook
5. David Hernandez
6. Robbie Carrico

I didn't realize until just now how many Davids there are! Stay tuned for an update of our girl predictions...

*UPDATE* Here are our girl predictions - again, in order of my preference. This was tough. I have to say, I was not as excited about the ladies' talent this year! Maybe because they were all "sick"....

1. Brooke White (this has nothing to do with her being Mormon!)
2. Syesha Mercado
3. Asia'h Epperson
4. Amanda Overmyer
5. Kristy Lee Cook
6. Ramiele Mulabay

I definitely feel like there is more wiggle room for change in our ladies predictions, but I feel pretty solid about the dudes. I hope Noriega is outta there tomorrow night!

12 comments:

Camie said...

I'm into it too!! I don't know how you are keeping everyone straight! It takes me a few weeks to really learn who everyone is. I loved David Archuleta last night--his performance was awesome!! And I didn't like Danny Noriega at all last night, although I liked him in Hollywood. Stay tuned for the girls tonight! Good thing we have something good to watch on these cold, snowy days!

Emily said...

I think I agree with your top 6, but I would have put David Archuleta at the top. I LOVE that kid. (But I am president of his fan club.) I like Michael Johns, but I'm not excited about him. And I REALLY liked Jason Castro. I thought David Hernandez was better than they gave him credit for.

Thanks for giving me an outlet. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the Austrailian guy, I think that is Michael Johns and gotta love the cute little Utah boy, David Archuleta. Did not like Danny Noriega, could he be the next Sanjaya. He bugged. Not sure I could pick six of these guys. May need to review last nights snow, can't recall who Jason is, was he not memorable enough? : )

Michelle said...

i agree with you all about noriega - ew. he made me embarrassed FOR him. peter & i even said that same thing, katrina - the next sanjaya!

jason was the dude with the dreads - his was kind of a coffee house style rendition of "daydream" by the lovin' spoonful. he had his guitar with him. I LOVED IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I did like Jason, he was pretty good. It will be fun to see how they all do. I'll bet Danny boy will be one of the first to go. I even liked Sanjaya more than I like this guy. What about the girls? Hmmm, guess we just have to watch tonight to assess. Some of the girls I don't even recall ever seeing them sing.

Rachel said...

I'm going to go with David!

oh man, I have no idea...we have been recording it with the greatest intentions of watching, but it's just not happening. Bri is at the gym every flippin' night and by the time he's home, I am so done (early mornings kill me off early)! Maybe tonight we'll watch. Crap, it's nearly 10pm and he's still gone! Maybe not...I'll just check in with you for all my AI info!!!

Sariah said...

I haven't watched Idol in years! Not for lack of trying though! I always record it, and then end up watching other stuff. I'm gonna try and catch up this weekend....maybe!
That's cool though that you and Peter have like a little date night together watching! So cute!

Mollie said...

I wondered if Brooke was mormon...what about David, he IS from Utah...anyone know?

christine said...

I think its funny how popular American Idol is. Simon Cowell started the show in England before he took it to the states (Pop Idol), it only survived two seasons and people got bored with it. Different cultures I guess.

lisa h. said...

i liked brooke too, i thought her voice was kinda sultry. and i liked michael johns as well.

Michelle said...

dave and i are totally hooked on idol. Jason, david and michael are our favs for the guys and brooke and saYESha are my favs for the gals. I was soooo glad Garrett Haley went home, that guy gave me the creeps:)

Megan said...

Loved Jason Castro and...um...excuse me...where is Alaina Whitaker on your girls list?!?!?!