Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tyler's First Prayer

Up until this point during our prayers, Tyler has only been an observer. He has folded his arms, closed his eyes and said "amen." Last night, however, Tyler gave his first "real" prayer - he actually attempted to say what we whispered to him to say. It was so cute, and went something like this, after the initial opening:

M: "Dear Heavenly Father,"

T: "Der."

M: "Thank thee for this day."

T: "Dayee."

M: "Thank thee for my family."

T: "Fameeee."

M: "Please bless our Grandmas & Grandpas."

T: "Ama, Ampa."

M: "Please bless that I'll have a good sleep."

T: "Seeeeep."

M: "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

T: "Jeees, AMEN!"

10 comments:

Greg said...

So cute! I love the first prayers! We are in the "regression" stage with Sarah--She has started whispering all her prayer to the point that we can't hear her and have to keep an eye peeked open to see when she unfolds her arms and opens her eyes so we can say "amen." :)

P.S. Yeah! I'm excited that you get to be teaching my cousins--Johanna had a personality very similar to Ellie when she was little, and I haven't seen her for a while, so I hope she is well behaved, but if not feel free to write me for blackmail stories :)

Lonica said...

How cute! I'm glad your two boys are learning and growing. They are both very cute and adorable.

Anne Marie said...

What a cutie! I love it.

Mom B. said...

Such a cute boy! He is growing up fast! I love listening to little ones pray, they are so sweet! Give him love from Grandma B!

Megan said...

What a sweet little nugget!!! I can just imagine his cute little voice saying the prayer!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Sorry, I'm going to be lazy and comment on both Parker and Tyler on this post.

I love seeing what Parker is up to. It looks like he is really enjoying preschool. What a cute boy (I still can't believe how fast he's growing)!I can't wait to see some of his latest artwork.

Thank you for sharing Tyler's prayer. It's wonderful that he is so excited to pray, and I love that we become bilingual (or multilingual in your case) when we have a toddler in the home! He's such a sweetie!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

My Many Coloured Days said...

that was supposed to be "awwwwwwwww!"

Jess said...

How precious! What a nice mommy moment...can't wait for those!

Sariah said...

Soooo cute! Moments like these are just true treasures!