Saturday, February 23, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My Crystal Ball?

This has been a very "buzzy" week at our house. By buzzy, I mean there has been lots of buzz. Buzz about the future. Buzz about Peter's future career. Buzz, buzz, buzz.

I can't give too many details at this stage in the game; you know how nobody ever wants to talk about what "might not come to pass" in an effort to spare looking stupid later? Yeah, that's me. I will say, however, that after enduring a winter funk that has lasted more than three months, I am feeling really, really happy for the first time. And my family is happy. And it has nothing to do with the sun (or, more appropriately, the lack thereof)!

15 comments:

Mollie said...

ohhh, you tease...I am going to call you and put you through the ringer.

Rachel said...

I completely understand this perspective, believe you me!!! I will be waiting to hear the fabulous news very soon, babe! You're truly a friend, and having had friends that aren't TRULY friends, I appreciate you...thank you.

Katie said...

You can't do THAT!!! Do tell!

Anne Marie said...

Oh, friend! I am thinking of you guys and hoping that everything will turn out perfect. You have been a champ as a Ph.D. wife! You deserve the best.

Heidi said...

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Good luck as the buzz continues and as you decide your future. The nice thing is that you know you'll be in it together. :) Glad your winter funk has ended. Keep the happy times comin'!

andrewsrock said...

yea! I'm so glad the sun in shining your home! I hope and pray everything turns out!

Sariah said...

Soooo glad that you are outta your winter funk! That's not a fun place to be!
Also, soooo excited with what the future holds for you and your little family! You deserve the best and I know that's what you'll get! Good luck and can't wait to hear all the juicy deets!

Lonica said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope things work out for you. I know what it's like to not know what's going on in your future. It seems like a lot has been up in the air since we got married and I always feel so much better once a decision has been made. I looking forward to some good chocolate...

sherrie said...

glad you are all happy. is a move in the works again? some place with the sun? keep us updated!

christine said...

Ooooo, excited to hear all the details soon! Hope nothing but good things come your way!

Sarah Beck said...

Yay, good things happen before the bad right??? (keep our fingers crossed). As for the crystal ball...Crissy Ford said I could borrow her magic 8 ball when we were trying to make some decisions, I'll see if it's still available :) Seriously--we'll keep you in our prayers!

Megan said...

ahhhh...so glad you are feeling happy again!!! Can't wait to see what happens!!!

Michelle said...

What an exciting and nerve racking time. I wish only the best for you and your family. Presindent Hinckley said, "if we put our trust in god, it will all work out." I know you guys will make the best decision. I can't wait to know what it is!!!

Jess said...

The buzzy bee has made its way to our house! There is so much buzz that we can't wait to see what will happen. We are at the same stage...don't want to give too many details to save face...
It will be exciting to hear when the buzzy things come to fruition for your family.

Jessica said...

sorry about the winter funk. (well, it's over now, that's great!) I feel ya. These midwest winters are so dang cold. It was 50 degrees on Sunday and EVERYONE was outside breathing a collective, "ahhhhh it's Spring". It was great. But now it's freezing again. Global warming, anyone?