Monday, February 18, 2008

Feelin' the Love

Valentine's Day at our house! We had lots of cute decorations - thanks to the Grandmas!
Parker & Tyler had fun assembling their "love train" from Grandma Brown.

On Valentine's morning we gave each of the boys a heart-shaped mylar balloon. I felt like a little bit of a disappointment to my kids, since I purchased these the night before and as sort of an afterthought (Parker was going to be stuck with a Winnie-the-Pooh balloon - not ideal). But, our gifts were a hit! We seriously could not have picked a more perfect Valentine present for our little cupids. They have had the balloons in hand ever since, holding balloon races, having punching bag balloon matches and chewing on the strings as they watch t.v. Nice.


Thank you to my wonderful friends for the Valentine cards!
You are all so creative & I felt very loved!
Peter surprised me early in the week with roses. Aren't they gorgeous?

He also got me some rice bag slippers. Those who really know me know why these were the perfect gift for me!

I surprised Peter with a Valentine CD that I made for him with lots of his "indie/modern" love songs. I also got him some green m&m's :) - thanks for the tip, friend; you know who you are.

We ended the day with a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's, Ben & Jerry's "half-baked" & the movie "No Reservations."

15 comments:

Camie said...

This sounds like my style Valentine's day!! We went with the papa murphy's heart shaped pizza too--thanks Papa! I'm glad the green m&m's went over well!! They were received well here too! And I love the idea of the rice bag slippers--I've never heard of them, but they do sound like the perfect gift for you!

Anne Marie said...

those rice bag slippers look so cozy. Wish we had a Papa's nearby; I love those heart-shaped pizzas. And roses are definitely my favoritest flowers, very lovely.

Mom B. said...

What a cute picture of my favorite Valentine boys!!! I sure do love and miss them, and their parents, too!

The roses are beautiful, and the slippers look cozy! I'm sure Peter loved his suprises too!

Where was Papa when I was slaving over my homemade heart shaped pizzas!?!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Looks like a very good v-day. The kids enjoyed the Papa's heart shaped pizza over here too! Where was I in college with those green m&ms?!

Sarah Beck said...

I love ben and jerry's half-baked--the best! Is no reservations good?

andrewsrock said...

Looks like your family had a fun valentines day. We did balloons too for the kids, It's amazing how much kids love balloons. We'll have them in our house for months! they never seem to die. Hope it's getting warmer up there! I am soooo tired of winter! love the green m&m's. do they mean what I think they do? hee hee

Michelle said...

What a fun Valentines day you had!!! We watched No reservations too--loved it!!! And I have to know, where do you get a whole bunch of green M&Ms...to funny!!! Hey a little birdie told me you were moving to Orem. Is it true? If so, I am already planning a Cheesecake factory night with me, you and Rachel:)

sherrie said...

cute love train. i too had green m&m's (well after we ate all the pink, red and white ones) and was thinking of doing the papa murphy's heart pizza but ended up eating out somewhere else. happy v-day.

Sariah said...

I love me some green M&M's! I bought a couple of extra bags to spread the love over the year! If I can hold out that long! What a fun Valentine's you had! The boys sure do look like they are getting older. I can't believe Tyler is almost 2!!! Crazy!

Lonica said...

Sounds like a good day. Those slippers look wonderful! Maybe you could hint to Scott that those would be great for his wife too... :0)

Rachel said...

Ok I have got to get myself some of those rice slippers! Where did he find them, might I ask? I curl up every evening on the couch with a heated corn bag (darn cold Utah) and when Brian is out of town, I sleep with it!

Pizza, icecream and a chick flick - LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!

I think I will do the balloon thing next year- brilliant! An inexpensive, non candy treat for the kids!!!

Michelle H. and I want to take you out to CHEESECAKE FACTORY when you guys get out here in August! Yes?

mateo said...

Wow!! You guys went all out. It's funny how some of the gifts that seem lame to parents end up being the kid's favorites. Those flowers are sweet. Can you heat up those slippers?

Joy said...

Who knew they had heart shaped pizza! Love it!

christine said...

Heart shaped pizza, Really?? Wow, I've seen everything.

Jess said...

I love the roses. They are so pretty...I'm quite partial to pink roses! The rice bag slippers look comfy. I need some of those!