Friday, January 25, 2008

My Nerdy, Happy Playlist

Like so many of you, I have been feeling out of sorts with the dreary FREEZING weather (it is currently -1 degrees out). I decided to make myself a new playlist on itunes and it has worked miracles for pulling me out of my slump! I only chose HAPPY songs that are nostalgic for me from the late 80's, when I was just beginning to discover the world of pop music! I listen to it in the car, in the kitchen, at the computer....and I make the boys dance with me! So, although I admit this is exposing a little part of my nerdy self, I had to share the list in the hopes of making some fellow nerds happy, too.

Venus - Bananarama
I Heard A Rumour - Bananarama
Mad About You - Belinda Carlisle
Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle
Every Little Step - Bobby Brown
Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartman
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive
Only in My Dreams - Debbie Gibson
Chains of Love - Erasure
A Little Respect - Erasure
The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey
The King of Wishful Thinking - Go West
Everlasting Love - Howard Jones
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
The Heart Of Rock & Roll - Huey Lewis & the News
The Power Of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
Stuck With You - Huey Lewis & the News
What's on Your Mind (Pure Energy) - Information Society
Hurts So Good - John Mellencamp
Cherry Bomb - John Mellencamp
St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) - John Parr
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man ) - Kenny Loggins
Where's the Party - Madonna
Into The Groove - Madonna
Lucky Star - Madonna
More Than You Know - Martika
I Feel the Earth Move - Martika
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
Sussudio - Phil Collins
Don't Lose My Number - Phil Collins
Glamorous Life - Sheila E.
Nothing's Going To Stop Us Now - Starship
Higher Love - Steve Winwood
Tell It To My Heart - Taylor Dane
I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!
Freedom - Wham!
The Promise - When In Rome
I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) - Whitney Houston
Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Yes

17 comments:

Emily said...

I love it! I might just leave your blog open all day so I can listen.

Greg said...

Amen, sister!!! There is nothing better than dancing to "happy songs" with your kids!! I regain much sanity from such silly actions. Love your play list, too!

Dance on, play on, and we will make it through this cold weather.

Sariah said...

I just had a major flash back with your playlist! Very much into your nerdy playlist. I too make my kids dance to my music, although we haven't done it lately. I just started it up again! Thanks!

Jessica said...

good list. I'm leaving this on for me to listen to at work. :)

Anne Marie said...

Thanks, friend, for sharing! Definitely bringing back some good memories. I haven't heard some of these tunes in a while. It is definitely brrr cold in Ohio!

Lonica said...

I'll have to check out your songs. I was just thinking today that I wish I had a personal d.j. so I didn't have to select my own songs. I love to listen to music, but I hate to actually remember the names and titles of songs--I just want to listen to them.

Katrina said...

I LOVE THE 80's! Kevin bought me a set of 10 cd's (one for each year of the 80's) a few years ago and it's awesome. Footloose just came on, one of my all time favorite movies! Thanks for the pick me up. I did notice that you're missing Walking on Sunshine by KATRINA and the Waves (that may have been an early 90's song???) Love your blogs!

Mom B. said...

I recognize some of the songs, but I must admit, I'm just too nerdy to enjoy very many of them! I'm glad you were able to have a fun day and enjoy some tunes while you were homebound! Music can really lift my spirits too!

Megan said...

great list!!! My fav would have to be wake me up before you go-go, that song will forever remind me of you!
I was just telling Jason yesterday, (while in the car listening to Careless Whisper-Wham!) how much of a nerd I am because I like such cheesy music!

mateo said...

Wow!! I haven't heard some of those songs in forever. I agree that the winter months SUCK!! Maybe I need to good tunes.

Heidi said...

Thanks, Michelle! These songs made me smile. I am totally a fellow nerd (as is Jared). We LOVE this music...especially for days when its gloomy and freeeeeezing outside. Brrr. Fun tunes!!!

Rachel said...

FahLASH BAAAACK! I saw Tiffany in concert!!!! Holy cow! Thank you for making my dreary snowed-in day a little brighter! You're a good friend! :)

Rachel said...

Oh and I saw Debbie Gibson, too!

Lori said...

What an 80s nerd you are! :) I can't say I don't know the words to many of those songs myself.

Sariah said...

Didn't I ride down to SLC with you from Ricks for President Hinckley's sustaining? You were with your Olympia friends and I with mine from Tacoma? That was before my parents moved down the street from yours! Funny how our paths have crossed over the years! I feel blessed that they have!

Michelle said...

Michelle, i love your play list and if that makes you a nerd then you are not alone cause I have a handful of those songs on my ipod. hey i finally started a blog...better late than never right? michelle hague

Lis said...

Been away from blogs for awhile, but imagine complete and oh so nostalgic JOY when I happened onto yours and found this post!!! ALL of these songs have a very special place in this nerd's heart as well!! Right on!
Lis Shumway

PS: How are you guys??!! :)