Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy 29th to Peter!

On Saturday we celebrated Peter's last "good" birthday. The boys and I made him a special breakfast of homemade blueberry muffins and eggs, and we did a little shopping for gifts. It is so hard to know what to get him, having his birthday so close to Christmas! He ended up finding "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" on DVD and a CD of one of his favorite new groups, the Shins. Parker was also very excited to give Daddy his "Dr. Suess" birthday card. Later in the day we left the boys with our cousins, the Silvers, and went to see the new National Treasure movie. We recommend - it was a fun one. Then we hit a new Mexican restaurant, El Vaquero, that we have wanted to try for some time. We ended the night by celebrating with cake & ice cream with our cousins. It was a fun, relaxing day spent together. Thanks for being born, honey! We love you!

12 comments:

mateo said...

Happy B-day Peter! Sounds like you guys had a fun day. I'll have to check out the Shins!

Jessica said...

Happy B-Day Peter! We saw National Treasure this weekend too. Lots of holes in the story, but fun. Who KNEW the City of Gold was hidden in the Black Hills?! I was just there last summer, I coulda been rich! ;)

Mom B. said...

Sounds like Peter really had a day to feel "special." I'm glad he was able to celebrate and have some down time, he deserves it!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Peter. Sounds like a great birthday to me!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Peter! What a fun day! I want some blueberry muffins now!

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Peter! We have some great memories from celebrating in years past with you guys. Miss you. Sounds like a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Still so young!!!! Just wait till the big 30 comes. :)

Sariah said...

Happy Birthday, Peter!

Joy said...

Where did you find Robin Hood on DVD...I look for that one all the time. A classic.

Michelle said...

hi joy...we found it at target!

Peter Stewart said...

It was a very fun day! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

I know I'm way late, so I'll say it in spanish to make it a little cooler...Feliz Cumplea~nos!