Here is Tyler's reaction - "Hooray! I can finally find all of the toys that I really want to be playing with!" Take these trains, for example. I can't remember the last time we actually built a track and had enough cars to form an actual train, since they were so disorganized.
Parker's reaction - "I'm in denial!" During a quiet moment, I found him shut up in his closet with EVERY TOY WE OWN. I fear what garage sale day will bring when he finds that some "fairies" have escorted his possessions to a train of cardboard boxes in the driveway - each with a one-way ticket to some other kid's house!
6 comments:
That is hilarious! Tyler's too young to know what is going on, and Parker will probably hate seeing his toys go. Maybe you can tell him that you will take him out and get a treat with some of the money you make! We always went out to eat the night of our garage sales. We felt rich! Then the rest of the money went toward school clothes for the new year. Good luck!
How nice toget out with the old! It feels so freeing....unless you're a little boy who is attached to every toy in the house! Poor guy. Send him to play at a friends, or let him use some of the proceeds to buy a new toy....hmmmm. Good luck! Cute pictures of both Tyler sittin' proud with his track and Parker looking rather concerned about the impending garage sale!
so great that shot of parker in his closet. i remember feeling the same way about all my toys or should i say dolls. they mean so much to you when you're young, it's cute. good luck with the garage sale - i remember riding bikes through wedgewood looking for the next best toy to get. good ol' days.
yeah, sher, remember the free smurfs?
What little cuties! I feel so bad for Parker. Those toys must mean a lot to him if he is willing to camp out with them to protect them from the garage sale. I think using the proceeds to buy a brand new really cool toy is a great idea!
This is how it is...kids don't really notice some toys until you tell them you are selling it or giving it away, then it is "Mom this is my FAVORITE toy!" Kids!
Post a Comment