Saturday, July 14, 2007

Our First Garage Sale


It's amazing what you accumulate in only five years of marriage...I'm here to report that our garage sale was a major success! We pulled in over $350 and only had to take one trip to Goodwill after to get rid of the rest of the stuff. I now understand why people say that garage sales are so much work, however. Peter & I are operating on very minimal amounts of sleep!

Here is a picture of Parker & Mary making a sale at their lemonade stand. They charged ten cents a cup, but most people gave them more. For their first sale, they were paid a whole dollar bill. After looking at it for a few seconds, Mary took the dollar and ripped it right in half, and gave half to Parker. It was so cute.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Too cute! Oh my gosh! Congrats on the profit made! Very cool...and, um, thanks a lot for bursting my Brad bubble!!! Hahahaha! Too funny!
So...where are you guys heading to after KS????

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

I love how kids "split" the money! It's probably good she wasn't in charge of your $350. It looks like Parker decided a garage sale was fun after all. I hope you guys have fun with your hard-earned money!

Lori said...

So funny about the dollar! Garage sales are a ton og work - but part of me thinks they are kind of fun...like you're running your own little business. Enjoy the $350!

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me...I think I will give it a shot. Save all that hard earned cash for DC!

Sarah Beck said...

Your garage sale was so fun! And my kids loved the lemonade

Mom B. said...

That picture is a classic! All kids beg to have a lemonade stand at some point in their childhood! A garage sale is the perfect time because you have to be out there all day long anyway! I hope he gets something fun with his money.

Megan said...

Wow! $350!!! That's great! I'm sure it also feels great to have all the stuff you don't need anymore out of the way! Hard work, but at least it paid off! That's too funny about how Mary split the money with Parker! I bet they had a blast!