Sunday, July 08, 2007

Goin' on a Box Hunt

I never thought I'd get this excited over cardboard. Last night, for our "date night," we went on a box hunt and came away majorly successful after soliciting many of our local stores. The key is to drive around the back of the store first, to see if they have a compactor attached to the building. If they do, then don't bother - their boxes are most likely mulched. If not, then go ahead and ask.

Since I know there are a few others out there who are box hunting as well, we've done your homework for you:


Borders - Check every few days, they're always getting in new shipments.

Bed Bath & Beyond - Getting shipments everyday, since it's back to school season.

World Market - Call in the morning (8 or 9) and they'll save some for you.

Famous Footwear - This is where we really scored. they have two "cardboard only" dumpsters in the back and they let us take our fill.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

The joys of moving! Ha! Sounds like you know how to find the boxes.

Mom B. said...

Yes, cardboard boxes are at a premium now! I used to hunt for them to send your packages in, but now I just buy them at Office Depot! Not too expensive and much faster!

Megan said...

Ah, I'm so glad you found a plethora of boxes. It's half the pain in trying to move (well maybe not half, but still a pain). A tip on when you need to get rid of them, if you don't want to haul them all to a dumpster, put them on craigslist under the free section or on freecycle.org.

Celestia said...

These are good tips. I will remember for future use. Thanks.