Our first stop was to see Snoqualmie Falls, a place we had never visited before but is a favorite of my sister Mollie & her family. It was breathtaking. We loved the falls and the grounds surrounding them. There were rhododendrons in bloom everywhere, and Peter & Karlin took a little hike down the rocky trail to take some up close & personal shots of the falls. Parker had a great time rolling down the grassy hill nearby and trying to climb the trees with his cousins Kennedi & Klare, and their friend Whitney. The Salish Lodge overlooks the falls and it was fun to explore this very posh little place.
We also took a stop at the Seattle Temple grounds. It was a perfect day to be there, and we loved being able to hang out on the grass, sans chiggers.

The day ended at XXX Root Beer (no, it's not a Hooters wannabe...) in Issaquah. It is a fun, eclectic joint with a theme of old, classic cars & bikes. It reminded me of Serendipity's in NYC, with the low ceilings and paraphonelia-covered walls. This is definitely a "greasy spoon" establishment, as shown by the XXX burger being devoured by Peter in the picture. But it touts arguably the best-tasting root beer around. Gooood times.

The day ended at XXX Root Beer (no, it's not a Hooters wannabe...) in Issaquah. It is a fun, eclectic joint with a theme of old, classic cars & bikes. It reminded me of Serendipity's in NYC, with the low ceilings and paraphonelia-covered walls. This is definitely a "greasy spoon" establishment, as shown by the XXX burger being devoured by Peter in the picture. But it touts arguably the best-tasting root beer around. Gooood times.
13 comments:
Thats an absolutely gigantic sandwich he's eating!
Sweet pics, we're jealous. We love Snoqualmie Falls, brings back good memories of watching Twin Peaks. We'll definitely have to try that XXX place next time we're up there. That burger reminds me of the Logger burger we got for Dad.
snoqualmie falls ssoooo beautiful! my mom said she saw you on sunday. looks like such a fun vacation.
"Haveng fun guys!" (That is how she spells it...) ;)
I love you page of the falls, that is DARLING! Especially the pic of you and Peterini.
Oh wow! So pretty! I was thinking as I read, "why have I never been there" then I saw you hadn't either! That humburger looks tasty, I was thinking the same thing as matt, it reminds me of the logger burger. I'm so glad you guys had fun!
I love the scrapbook pages! They make it so fun to see all the pictures in a group! Dad thought it was funny that you all remembered the "Logger Burger." I miss my sweet boys! Hugs & kisses from Grandma B!!!
This looks like such a fun trip. Those waterfalls look amazing. And that burger...Wow! I really like how you've arranged the pictures.
Oh, I LOVE your picture layouts! I really need to look into that digi-scrapbooking software you were talking about! The pictures look great and it really does look like you had a fabulous time! Oh, I can't wait to go back to WA and check out the beauty! Although I think I might be claustrophobic from all the trees! I'm quite used to my "wide open spaces" these days! :0)
Can't wait for the "parts" that follow!
Oh my! ALL places we love to visit! Brian and I loved the time we lived in Bellevue and often took our only child (Preston) to Snoqualimie! All of our youth temple trips were to the Seattle Temple, and you've ogtta love those XXX burgers! HUGE! Fun times!
How fun! it looks absolutely beautiful there.
What a fun trip! You guys sure know how to vacation right. Snoqualmie Falls is one of my favorites. We used to live in Snoqualmie...just a mile away from the falls, directly off a little side road by the Salish Lodge. Ahh, the memories! What a beautiful place!
Did Peter eat the whole thing? well, actually I don't want to know. I love Snoqualmie Falls! Issaquah was my first area!! totally loved it and totally miss it now! Looks like you had fun.
Post a Comment