- Taking fifteen minutes to lie down in the middle of the day is no longer optional...it's necessary!
- Write everything down...and I mean everything. There is just no way your brain can retain the different schedules, needs, etc. of that many people and bring it to recall when you need it to. You need a paper brain to help you out.
- When one of them is mad at you for making them do homework, there is bound to be someone else there who wants to hug you. Seven kids gives you great odds at feeling the love as a mom.
- Always leave ten minutes earlier than you think you should.
- Driving a 15-passenger van is NOT as scary as it looks...in fact, everyone else on the road is afraid of YOU. It's great.
- Pizza buffets are the coolest places on earth.
- Scripture study is the best time of day. I love hearing everyone talking over each other to try and share the latest joke, accomplishment of the day, little concerns, and a few "Be quiet! It's time for Scrrrrripture study! Hel-LO!" thrown in between.
- Shelley is amazing. And so are her kids. And I will miss them terribly when they move in a couple of weeks!
Friday, May 11, 2007
Mother Hen
For three days this past week, I looked after five of my favorite little friends here in Lawrence, the Heiner kids, while their parents took a trip out of town. Here's what I learned about being a mother of seven kids:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Some good advice! And I know where you are coming from. Even though I only had five of you, doing daycare made me feel like I had more!
So are you saying you want to have seven children?
Shelley is amazing! I can barely manage my 4! Bless you for watching all of those kids!
Where are they moving to? Out of Kansas?
You are a brave woman. That's a lot of kids to watch. It's so sad that Shelly is moving.
I didn't know they were moving! How sad for the ward. :( They're great.
Wow, I got tired just reading this post! It amazes me how some women do it! Great job, Michelle, even if it was just for a few days!
Hats off to you my friend! I can't imagine having that many kids to look after!
Post a Comment