Friday, May 11, 2007

Officially a Toddler

Tyler is finally walking! We really wondered if he ever would, since he was so speedy at crawling. But now, just before his 14-month mark (exactly when Parker started walking), he decides to grow up on us. He spreads his feet out so wide when he takes off, that it is really hilarious to watch, and "toddling" could not be a more appropriate word to describe the way he gets from place to place.

It amazes Peter and I to think that this is something that babies instinctively want to do, even if the previously-employed method of transportation is more than efficient for their needs. I am grateful for it, and that it's not a transition as painful to go through as potty training!

9 comments:

Mom B. said...

What a cute boy! It is so fun to see them start to grow up and become an upright person! I love the first few weeks of walking, because like you said, they really do toddle. Can't wait to see you all!

Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing how much they grow up (through our eyes) when they start walking. Suddenly your little baby is a toddler! What a gorgeous little guy he is! :)

Anne Marie said...

What a cutie pie! I love watching their first steps.

christine said...

Its amazing how fast they grow up.

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Yay! He's walking! That's such a fun moment for them and you! I love his cute little feet! Give your boys a hug from us. I can't believe how much they've changed!

Sariah said...

Oh, look at how cute he is!! I absolutely love this stage! Have fun!

sherrie said...

what a fun transition to watch happen huh? cute!

Megan said...

What a cutie! That is so fun that he is starting to walk. I can't wait to see you guys soon!

Heidi said...

How fun! He's so cute! I've often wondered the same thing -- why walk when you can crawl so well? And wow -- 7 kids. I'm so impressed! You're a brave soul!