Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meet Me in St. Louie

Some of the best memories we’ve had as a family have been the spawn of spontaneity. We made another great one last weekend when we decided, pretty much at the last minute, to head to St. Louis, Missouri for part of our spring break. We went with our great friends, the Thayns. We had never been before and had a fabulous time!

Our getaway included trips to the Magic House Children’s Museum, St. Louis Zoo, and the famous Gateway Arch. We also had fun riding a steamboat on the Mississippi, swimming at the hotel, and sneaking a date in to dinner and then the temple. We had so much fun with our friends that we’re kicking ourselves for not having done it sooner!

If you want to see more of our pictures from the trip, double click on my flickr badge at the left. Happy Spring Break!

9 comments:

Camie said...

What a fun spring break! I can't wait to show Lydia this slideshow--she'll love all the pics of Parker! Tyler also looks so grown up here!

Sariah said...

Ah, what a cute family picture! You look fabulous my dear! Cheez, you are SO a girl after my own heart...LOVE the spontaneity! I also love Bahama Breeze's! Glad y'all were able to aprovechar of your spring break. Time with Peter I'm sure is few and far between. We had ours 2 weeks ago and did some Texas touring. Your Flickr was so neat (loved the static electricity one with Tyler) I'm thinking I should put up ours too.
Oh, and Parker was too cool in his shades!

Deb said...

Your pictures turned out great I am going to have to get some copies of yours since our camera battery died at the magic house!

Rachel said...

What a GREAT trip! There are so many awesome places to visit from Kansas! And spontaneous trips are the best!

christine said...

I love the shades!

Anne Marie said...

This looks like so much fun. Way to take advantage of the time off. Your boys are growing so much.

Jon and Sarah said...

What a great trip! The pictures look like you had a great time.

sherrie said...

enjoyed your pictures, looks like a fun trip. how long was the drive? i love doing things spontaneously, you seem to have so much more fun cause you weren't expecting it.

emily said...

Hey Michelle! I found your blog! Very excited! Now we will ALWAYS! know whats goin' on in your life! That's a good thing right?! Your blog looks great!