Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Paddy's Day


Yesterday we had a blast at our annual St. Patrick's Day parade!! You would not BELIEVE the number of people there...and everyone in green, of course! If you look in this pic (taken from the newspaper), you'll see Peter in the background! We will really miss these small town shindigs next year...

9 comments:

mateo said...

Do you guys have an in with the newspaper camera man? That's cool that you actually had a parade. I didn't even remember it was St. Patty's cause Utah has no culture. I hope Columbus has some cool traditions you guys can adopt.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is way cool! This looks like a blast!

sherrie said...

neil and i forgot it was st. p's day until it was too late and we ended up having a pinching war. not fun. this looks like more fun for sure!

Rachel said...

Oh, beautiful downtown Lawrence! We do miss it so! After leaving Lawrence, we've come to realize how cool it is!
Isn't this the second or third time you guys made it into the paper?

Sariah said...

I'm with everyone else...you so have an "in" with the paper photographer! Looks like y'all had a blast!

Heidi said...

You guys are always in the newspaper pics. That's awesome! You're so famous! Bentonville really needs to step it up and have some extra parades....not to mention a Santa rescue or two. How fun!

Anne Marie said...

I miss our old town so much. This parade really made St. Paddy's Day special.

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

So, I keep trying to figure out why St. Patrick's Day is so important. Ah well, any excuse to have fun and decorate is good for me. I'm glad you guys went out and did something fun that day.

I think you need to list some of your many brilliant ideas of things to do in a smaller town. I'm still trying to figure out how to have a fun Spring and Summer in good ole Provo.

By the way, I know this is on an older blog, but I loved your pink party idea. Now that my sister has 4 boys, I think she is pretty girl-hungry, although she handles the testosterone level pretty well.

Greg said...

That parade looks like it was a ball, and I'm sure you will find plenty to do next year in Ohio! In fact, my uncle is chairman of the ENT head and neck surgery department at Ohio State, so our family always roots for the Buckeyes, but enjoy your remaining days in Lawrence!