Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Where My Girls At?

This is dedicated to the three best friends anyone could ever ask for...my mom & sisters! I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to have them. Of course we weren't always such great friends, but what's cool to me is to think that although we didn't know it then, we would be best friends for the rest of our lives. We were there to witness a lot of each other's important moments, all of the things that best friends are supposed to be there for, never knowing how grateful we would be later to have witnessed them! It is fun now to reminisce (with adult brains) on how things were and what we were like, and why. Also, I love getting to know them for who they are now, and seeing what amazing women they are and what I can learn from them.

The dirty trick in all this is that all that time growing up, when we all just pretty much annoyed each other, we didn't see how sad we would be when we were all living apart! I hope you know how much I love you, ladies, and treasure you in my life!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome! I only became friends with my sister once I was out of the house. How I wish that we had enjoyed each other then. We're having fun now catching up on lost years--we're going to see a movie together tonight.

enickel said...

This is so true! I keep telling my daughters this and they just don't believe me. It is only going to get worse before it gets better, I'm afraid. Here's to sisters!

sherrie said...

cute post. it is a great blessing to have great relationships now with the people we couldn't stand then! hahaha i know how you feel, mine are too far away too but we have eternity right?

Anne Marie said...

I love the picture. Michelle, you look gorgeous as do the other ladies in your fam. I love my sisters sooooo much. It's amazing to think that they'll really be there for you your whole life.

Mollie said...

Ooh word! Right back atch'ya! Only, I don't remember ever not getting along!;) That would be little sister's syndrome, what yours is mine and what's mine is mine! Thanks for putting up with me! Love you all!

Kristy said...

Nice! My sister is still bitter at me because I picked on her a lot when she was little. Sat on her and threatened to spit, I believe.

The sister on the far left looks exactly like a gal in my ward named Melissa. I should send a picture so she can see her doppelganger!

Sariah said...

The Brown ladies have always been hotties! You hit it right on with the sisterly love! I only wish Reese could have had a sister to grow up with in this life,...oh, well! Love ya...my sista!