Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

Today I am missing my friends Camie (on vacation, soon to be moved), Alyson (on a LOOONG vacation), Anne Marie (moved to Texas...sniff) & Debbi (also on vacation). It was CRAZY Primary day today & I needed some girl affirmation...WHEREFORE ART THOU, LADIES?

9 comments:

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Well, I may not be the "female affirmation" your seeking, but I know if you're anything like me, you love receiving and reading any posted comments.

I feel like summer is fun, but also hard because that means friends are off on vacations and such. My friends just seem to be moving further and further away due to houses and spouses. But you still get occasional treats like family visits (yeah for our August "reunion").

The cool thing is, when friends aren't around you sometimes get the chance to meet someone new and fun. I hope that happens for you this week! In the meantime, I hope you get a little treasured time with your hubby (that's my pick-me-up when the girls are away).

Anne Marie said...

I wish we could have teleported our family out to Lawrence for the afternoon. I miss you, girlfriend! Moving stinks! Do you leave on your vacation soon? I hope traveling with 2 kiddos goes ok.

Michelle said...

Lisa - it's so good to hear from you! Love the pic - highlarious. thanks for the affirmations; i've always felt like you were someone who knows just what to say :)

Anne - i miss you, too! we leave on august 16th...i'm arming myself now with bribes for the trip (ask Jared if 25 cents a mile sounds reasonable...;)

Deb said...

What happened with Primary? I was thinking about you on Sunday and wondered how everything went! We are enjoying our vacation but I do miss you and the everyone my kids are more comfortable around. I think my girls are a little overwhelmed with all the people to see. I am getting excited to get back to normal, but I'm also enjoying the fam.

Kristy said...

Awww! Poor Michelle. I wish I could have been in Primary in Lawrence with you on Sunday!

Michelle said...

ditto, kristy, i could've used your Primary wisdom!!

My Many Coloured Days said...

The ideal presidency is short-lived, and it would seem that the ideal friends live nearby for only a short time! Know that you're not alone!

Do we get a synopsis of bad Sunday in the life of a primary president?

Anonymous said...

Houses and spouses, that is so true! I'm sorry about your bum day. If there were tears involved, you had a friend on the other end (me) crying, too (over some very obstinate behavior and profound loneliness for hubby). You can't be Primary president forever, so at least you have that consolation. Many hugs!

Michelle said...

renee - let's just say (and i think you'll agree w/me on this one) that the problem is almost always with the ADULTS, not the children!