Monday, July 31, 2006

A Real Tear-Jerker

Today we said "see ya later" to our great friends, the Christensens. Although our first connections with them started in Provo, we have really gotten to know them since we've moved here to Kansas and it has been three years full of fun times. There are so many memories we can't even count them all! They stayed with us the past two days before leaving this morning for Indiana to start their grad school adventure...


Peter & Matt served together in Young Mens & share a love of ESPN, "dad" jokes, games, power tools, singing off-key & football.

Camie & I served together in Primary & share a love of almost everything.

Parker & Lydia have been best friends since they were babies, and share a love of toys, wrestling, giggling & getting into mischief.

Tyler & Clayton just met, but as you can see by their choice of clothing, they already think alike.

I've never cried when I've left or been left behind by a friend, but I bawled my eyes out this morning! We will sure miss our friends, but we are excited for them also & look forward to keeping in touch over the years!

8 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Michelle, you're going to make me cry! I don't know if it's harder to leave or be left behind. We're experiencing the being left behind as most of our friends are graduating and leaving US! You need to come to TIME OUT FOR WOMEN with me and I'll convince Camie to come too! The end is not the end!

Sariah said...

Michelle, your children are ADOREABLE!! I hear ya on the pain of being left or leaving behind. The best part about it is you get to keep your old friendships and are given opportunites to make new ones that can just as great! Enjoy what you have! You are a true friend to many. Love ya!

sherrie said...

sounds like a sad day, it's always sad to not be able to hang out with people you really have a lot of fun with!

Kristy said...

Oh, man, you're making ME sad! Maybe we all need to move to Indiana to join the Gilpins, Bairds, and now Christensens.

Anne Marie said...

I love the pics. It is so sad to move and have friends move away, especially when you love them so much. The only comforting thing is that really good friends are always there for you, wherever they are.

mateo said...

I here ya dude. All of our friends are moving away (still within driving distance) and buying sweet houses. It's hard to lose your crew. Just remember, "the joint is the joint".

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

What cute pictures! It's too bad they're for such a sad occasion. I'm glad there's e-mail, cell phones, and blogs, but it's still not the same as hanging out with good friends.

Camie said...

Okay--I was there for the goodbye and I will second the fact that it was SAD!! Maybe it's because I've never experienced a family goodbye before where all people had a very special bond. Thanks for the great memories...