
I think the Fourth of July is one of my new favorite holidays - it's the one major holiday that everyone in the nation can celebrate together, regardless of race, religion, etc. And it's such a great excuse for getting together with family & friends to party, which I ALWAYS love doing.
We had a great one this year - Jared, Heidi & Ashley came up to stay with us on their way to New York so we spent the day playing "Ticket to Ride," going on a walk, and of course, grilling out. Ashley is so cute; she & Parker had a great time hamming it up together. Then we headed out to our friend GR's annual fireworks extravaganza to chat with friends & watch the show. It was awesome! "Pyro Peter" even got to take part in lighting them off. I was surprised to find that Parker was not quite as thrilled with the fireworks this year as he was last year - he spent most of the show in the fetal position on my lap! Tyler, however, did great & was actually trying to communicate with them! Hope you all had a great one - God Bless America!
7 comments:
Love the hat - yeah for Family Fun magazines great ideas! You should send your pic in!
I also like the hat - very festive.
looks like you guys had a fun time on the fourth! sounds like kansas is treating you guys well...
Glad you had a great day! I love the festive hat.
The 4th of July is by far our favorite holiday as well! We usually like to do it back home in Washington, however, we tried Dallas this year and it was a lot of fun as well! I LOVE Parkers hat! What a fun and creative mom he has!! :-)
That hat is fantastic. Maybe one of these days I'll get back to doing some crafts.
Thanks for letting us celebrate with you guys! What a fun time we had! And what a picture perfect firecracker hat. You're amazing, Michelle!
Post a Comment