So true--it's the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. An idea for you--we were "painting" outside by melting ice cubes on our patio. It was a good way to keep cool in the blistering heat!
While I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of staying at home and experiencing all of the stay-at-home adventures- I can tell you that working is not a fun alternative (although probably easier.) Keep up the good work! You're right that it's the most rewarding and the best thing for you and your family.
Greg mentioned the other day of just how exhausted he is after spending an entire weekend with the kids (note: not by himself either!) He said if you work at home you work much harder physically and emotionally! (Of course this is coming from a guy who has an office job all summer long!) Other ideas to keep you sane - shadow tag outside, or have a doctor visit with all of Parker's bears, stuffed animals and even cars and trucks! Good luck getting through the week! LOVES!
I recently read an article in woman's magazine about what is normal...It said that the AVERAGE woman has 4 bummed-out days a month. (Note: This is the average, not to be compared with the woman not sleeping because of newborn...missing hubby...potty training....and running the primary!) I Love You!
Amen again sister! Dave was talking about one of his most hard core professors who works an average of fourteen hours a day six days a week. Instead of thinking of how crazy this man is, I instantly thought of how crazy my life is since a mother's work requires many more hours than that! I'm really missing Dave right now, and I've only been away for four days! How am I going to survive? I hope your mommy time improves.
Call me some time and come and hang out. Parker & Ella play really well together and we'd love the company. Other than going to the library, we are camped out at home in the air conditioning.
12 comments:
So true--it's the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. An idea for you--we were "painting" outside by melting ice cubes on our patio. It was a good way to keep cool in the blistering heat!
Amen!
While I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of staying at home and experiencing all of the stay-at-home adventures- I can tell you that working is not a fun alternative (although probably easier.) Keep up the good work! You're right that it's the most rewarding and the best thing for you and your family.
Greg mentioned the other day of just how exhausted he is after spending an entire weekend with the kids (note: not by himself either!) He said if you work at home you work much harder physically and emotionally! (Of course this is coming from a guy who has an office job all summer long!) Other ideas to keep you sane - shadow tag outside, or have a doctor visit with all of Parker's bears, stuffed animals and even cars and trucks! Good luck getting through the week! LOVES!
I hear ya, Michelle! Too bad there aren't any days in Motherhood in which we can "clock out". Hang in there! Love ya!
thanks for the support, ladies! it was much needed & appreciated!
Sister, you are preaching to the choir! It is tough indeed, but has its ups with the downs, of course, too.
Especially when your back is out!!!
I am finding that out very quickly now that we have Natalie. But I wouldn't trade this for anything.
I recently read an article in woman's magazine about what is normal...It said that the AVERAGE woman has 4 bummed-out days a month. (Note: This is the average, not to be compared with the woman not sleeping because of newborn...missing hubby...potty training....and running the primary!) I Love You!
Amen again sister! Dave was talking about one of his most hard core professors who works an average of fourteen hours a day six days a week. Instead of thinking of how crazy this man is, I instantly thought of how crazy my life is since a mother's work requires many more hours than that! I'm really missing Dave right now, and I've only been away for four days! How am I going to survive? I hope your mommy time improves.
Call me some time and come and hang out. Parker & Ella play really well together and we'd love the company. Other than going to the library, we are camped out at home in the air conditioning.
Post a Comment