Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!


We had a fun Fourth over in Lake Oswego with John, Debra, Brian & Amanda. So much fun that I really didn't take any pictures! We were first happy to have B & A stop over at our house; then we all headed over together on Friday morning. Good times! We love Aunt Amanda! Oh, and of course, the ever-fun Uncle Brian.

The actual holiday was celebrated by the traditional ward breakfast, followed by a fun trip over to family friends, the Johnstons. I loved meeting Peter's high school buddy, Lis. She is a gem. Then we took it easy in the afternoon with games and naps, barbecued, and did our own little fireworks in front of the house. To top it off, we took a walk down to the lake and watched the town show. Beautiful, but even more intriguing was watching the million boats head back to shore after the show. The rest of our time there included lots of fun with Bohnanza, Badminton, Slip n' Slide, Bouncy Balls, a girls' trip to Lakeshore Learning (danger!), Go Karts, Miniature Golf, Settlers, and Pilfering (ask John). Thanks, Stewarts, for a FABULOUS FOURTH!!


11 comments:

LucindaF said...

And there's the bandana. Sounds like good times. Your boys are gorgeous little men.

donna said...

what a fun trip! I have never been to Lake Oswego .

Amanda said...

Cute pictures! We had SO much fun with you all this weekend! Can't wait to see you again soon :)

Katie Wolfley said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love your bandana.

Mom B. said...

Wow, you packed in a lot in one day! Cute pictures of such cute boys! Miss you all!

Anne Marie said...

You are always so festive, friend! I love the blog layout, and I love the bandana, both on your blog and on you. Hope you're having a good summer, friend.

sherrie said...

i love that family pic. so cute.

Heidi said...

Sounds like tons of fun! What did you come away with from Lakeshore Learning? They have one of those stores in San Diego and it is indeed a dangerous place. Can't wait to see you soon!

Anita said...

Hey
How are you guys? I was going to email you(but I can't find your address) and ask when you are coming down this way. Maybe we could see you on your way down or back up.

Hope all is well

Sandra said...

Hi Peter and Michelle! Greetings from Auburn, Alabama! It's been a long time since we've been in touch with ya'll (nice southern lingo, eh?). We hope all is great in the Northwest!

Mike, Sandra, and kids

Anne Marie said...

Okay, friend, I know you're probably a Bookfacer (I haven't joined myself yet), but us blogging friends need you to catch us up on your news when you get a chance. Hope school's getting off to a good start.