Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Hello to all of our loved ones!

We wanted to take a minute and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We hope Santa is good to all of you this year and thank you for being a part of our lives. Here is a quick update on each of us:

Peter - is adjusting very well to his new work surroundings and is definitely enjoying being part of a private practice, and not being a student anymore! He officially earned his PhD in August and will walk this May back in Lawrence, KS. He will also start teaching as an adjunct professor at WSU Tri-Cities this next semester, teaching Abnormal Psych. He loves having a yard to take care of, and is serving in our church as the Gospel Doctrine teacher - yippety skip. He does a fantastic job at it.

Michelle - is adjusting very well in her new house and living closer to family. What more could she ask for? She is enjoying decorating the place and volunteering in Parker's classroom at school. She is making many new friends and is so happy that their old friends, the Amundsons, moved in right down the street. She is serving in her eternal calling as a member of the Primary presidency at church.

Parker - is adjusting very well to kindergarten! He loves every minute of it and has grown so much in the past few months. All of a sudden he is reading up a storm and loves to practice his math skills. He is quite the artist and loves to draw and write, and do crafts or cook with mom. Of course, he still LOVES cars and plays with them daily. He's made many new friends at school and church, but definitely misses his old buddies from Ohio and Kansas. I will also say that he has entered a bit of a brown-nosing stage. He's turned into the best-behaved boy in junior primary. It is hilarious; it just makes us love him more.

Tyler - is just plain crazy. We love him so much. He is our "tiny boy." We hope he never grows up. Unless it is to start using the big potty, or give up his binkie. He is hilarious in so many ways. He loves to do whatever Parker is doing. Reading, drawing, playing cars - you name it. He knows many of his letters and LOVES to ride bikes. He finally loves the nursery at church.

We really feel so blessed this year to be where we are and once again, we want to thank each of you for your love and friendship!

Love,

the Stewarts

14 comments:

christine said...

loved hearing your stats.

hope you all have a good christmas.

Heidi said...

You are so awesome in your eternal calling...why in the world would they ever release you or call you to anything else?! It was so fun to hear about your sweet family. And what a great picture. Can't wait to see you guys....next week!!!!!

Deb said...

Merry Christmas to a very beautiful and wonderful family! Have a great holiday.

LucindaF said...

I love the primary, haven't ever had a calling there, unless you count cub scouts. But I love to fill in. The kids crack me up.

Beautiful family Michelle.

Merry Christmas!

Craw papa said...

So good to hear that you all are doing so great! Merry Christmas to you and happy decorating. I think you are an amazing decorator. I always admired your work as your visiting teacher!
Camille

Anne Marie said...

Beautiful picture of you guys! Merry Christmas! Miss you.

Camie said...

Gorgeous pic!! And I love your playlist! I often keep it on to listen to around my house, since you know I'm music-impaired!

Mom B. said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful family! Love you guys! See you soon!

Mary J said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

Jon and Sarah said...

I love your family picture. It turned out great!

donna said...

ARE you enjoying the SNOW and COLD? Great picture.

Katie said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Can't wait to see you!! Love the picture!

Sariah said...

Merry Christmas! I loved catching up with your family through this post! You look absolutely gorgeous! I really like your hair cut! And HELLO! Your boys are just TOO BIG now! Seriously, it's almost sad how fast they grow!

We aren't doing cards this year. I ran out of time and am too lazy at this point to blog it! lol.

Oh, and I had to laugh at your eternal calling! I share your pain. Although I did do a stint (2 years) in the RS Presidency. I'm back to the Primary now! I love it though!

Merry Christmas, girlfriend! I hope to see you maybe sometime when I'm up in Washington!

One more thing, love your Christmas music! You've always had good taste!

Trieste said...

Great card again! You are always so creative...I love your blog too! It's fun to hear how your family is doing! Merry Christmas!