Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Apple Brownies

**READERS, BEWARE - I have been on a posting rampage today!**

In honor of our upcoming move to Washington (the largest producer of apples in the nation), we made Apple Brownies with ice cream for our Family Night treat on Monday. These are sooo good...we've made them twice now and although they are arguably more of a fall treat, I figured I'd share the recipe anyway!

Apple Brownies

2 sticks (1 c.) butter, at room temperature
2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 c. apples, peeled & thinly sliced
1 c. chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350. In an electric mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir into creamed mixture, mixing well. Fold in apples and walnuts thoroughly. Batter will be stiff. Spread in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake 40 – 50 minutes at 350, or until cake pulls away from pan. Cool in pan, then cut into squares.

10 comments:

Greg said...

OOoooh! Yummy! I think I know what I am making the next time I need a treat!

Anne Marie said...

I will definitely be trying these. Thanks.

Kristy said...

Those look deeeeelicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Sariah said...

I have never heard of an apple brownie! I'm gonna have to give these babies a try...especially since my diet is out the window again!!!

Jennifer said...

I love posting rampages. I go on them often. I enjoyed reading all of them!!

sherrie said...

ok that looks way too good. i'll have to try it.

Mollie said...

Yummm! Love all the updates! Especially love the american idol songs playin! so fun! klare bear is rockin out to your dixie chicks.

Jess said...

mMmMm...I guess I need to make these too, since we will be back in Washington! They look so good..'specially the vanilla bean ice cream.

lisa h. said...

ooohh, those look great!

Mom B. said...

These look yummy! I have lots of good apple recipes, and now that you will live in "apple country" you can try them out!