His birthday lasted all week and started with bringing cupcakes to preschool and a new remote control Grave Digger monster truck (thanks, Grandma & Grandpa!) to show and tell. I think he loved all the attention he got from his teachers & friends on his special day. We had a little family party that night with one of his favorites, mac n' cheese, and birthday sundaes. Parker got his in the special birthday dish. He opened a drill set from G & G Stewart, a rag quilt from Great-Grandma T, and a t-ball set & glove from Mom & Dad (along with a few other novelties).
The cake was super easy, and Parker loved the surprise new monster trucks on top.
Here are some fun facts about our big five-year-old, Parker!
Height and weight: 42.5 inches and 43 pounds...definitely up a few inches from last year!
Obsessions: cars, monster trucks, bugs, dandelions, tornados, Waldo books, playing with friends, being outside, his big wheel, and asking questions.
Foods he will eat: PEPPERONI PIZZA!! pb & j, string cheese, pretzels/crackers, yogurt, carrots, mac n' cheese, spaghetti, sloppy joes, anything McDonald's, and of course, anything sweet.
Favorite Song: Popcorn Popping
Nicknames: Parker boy, Buddy boy, P-diddy, Peabody
Hair Style: He's got great hair - no cow licks. He has a cute patch of lighter hair near the base of his neck, so when it's cut really short, it looks like I messed up!
Favorite Toys: C-A-R-S
Favorite Pasttimes: playing with his friends (especially his friend Sarah), digging around outside, drawing, asking Mom for food, playing cars, watching Curious George & helping in the kitchen.
Smile: Parker was really afraid to turn five, because he thought it meant he would get a loose tooth. He was relieved to wake up and find that he still had all of his pearly whites...a gorgeous little smile.
Favorite words/phrases: "I love you, Mom", "But I'm just still huuuungry", "When is Saturday?", "that is MASSIVE!", "No, T-bone!"; He is also into calling people names lately, like "Puffy Face" or "Cocoa Puff."
He amazes us with: his zest for life & fun, creativity & genuine concern for others.
17 comments:
Hooray to Parker! We love Parker!!! I loved reading about the party and all about him. What a guy! Your cake looked awesome (as always), Michelle, and the games sounded super fun. Way to host a par-tay!
FROM LYDIA:
Parker, I hoped you liked celebrating your birthday all week. And I hope you had a fun time with the toys you got for your birthday. I'm going to let you know that I will always love you. I'll never stop. (Lydia loved looking at the bday pics)
That looks like a darling party--and it's fun to hear from you again (I was going through withdrawal)
Happy Birthday, Parker! Five years old is definitely a significant milestone. I love how you take the time to make such a thorough list of favorites for your kids on their birthdays. I have never done a monster truck birthday party. Sounds like a perfect idea for a boy. My favorite pic is the one of Parker in the tree. So cute.
Happy B-day parker:)
Hey Michelle did you get my email????
Happy B-day parker, loved hearing his stats. :)
Happy Birthday Parker!!
Happy Birthday Parker!!
like that first shot of him. looks like he had a fun bday.
Happy Birthday Parker! Five is such a special birthday, especially when its your oldest. I felt like I had won a medal that one of our kids survived til five!! :) Just kidding. Parker is so sweet and his birthday looked so cute! Great job on the cake! I'll have to tuck that idea away and once again, I really love the birthday facts.
Happy Birthday cutie pie Parker! I know what you mean about feeling older with each milestone. Once they enter the REAL school system, it's a little nuts...and then they disappear to ALL DAY school and it's just insane! A fun birthday post!
Oh, I will e-mail you my SIL Donna's e-mail address. She lives in Richland and is happy to help you out in finding a home! She knows the area really well and the wards. She's awesome! I'd take her up on it! She'll make you feel right at home.
Welcome back Michelle! I've missed your blogs!
I can't believe he is 5!!! That is MASSIVE!!! Looks like you threw a great b-day party! Loved all the fun facts about our little P-diddy! What a sweet boy!
I love the expression on his face in the first picture. It is so Parker, because he has so much sweet, innocent joy for life!
I also love Lydia's comment! What a cute girl! Wouldn't it be cool if they got married one day?
Thanks for the kind comments, friend! I really enjoyed Persuasion, but I have not seen the PBS Sense and Sensibility. Thanks for the reminder. I am going to put it on my online blockbuster list (that's where I got a hold of Persuasion). Hope everything's going well with all your plans for moving, etc.
Ok, that first picture is one of Parker's best!! Love it! Love the rest too--some great shots! Thanks for the list of fun facts...great way to sum up a kid! We love Parker! And great cake by the way!
Happy B-day, P-diddy! Love and misss you!
You really captured Parker's enthusiasm in that first picture! Love it! So cute! Happy Birthday to Parker!
The birthday party looked like a blast and you are so awesome with the cake! Parker is so lucky to have such a fun mom!
I agree that it is great the amount of detail and time you put into this post 'about Parker'. I'm totally gonna copy you!
Post a Comment