I should probably intervene here and report that this week has been somewhat of a beastly entrance back into post-vacation life. Monday, Monday. On top of normal catch up stuff (budget checks - ugh, bill pay, etc.), Parker had his first barfing experience at preschool. On the same day Tyler had a well check in which he had two shots and basically had to be recircumsized. NOT a pretty picture. To top it off, he also got a cold. Poor little guy! After a week of sleepless nights and very cranky days, we are finally getting back to normal.
Then we headed off to North Market - a fabulous place to sample every ethnicity of food you can imagine, plus enjoy their open-air farmer's market and other local wares. It reminded me so much of Pike's Place Market in Seattle, sans the sea air and flying fish. The boys gobbled up popcorn balls from Pam's Market Popcorn while Peter and I shared a dark cocoa gelato with smoked almonds from Jeni's Fresh Ice Creams. Divine. I can't wait to take my parents there when they come for Thanksgiving - they're gonna freak.
We're having a great time playing tourists in this part of the country we live in for a year. Now Peter is at priesthood session of stake conference and here I am, blogging away while the kiddies color. I should probably do something more productive after so much fun, but why spoil the day?
11 comments:
What a place! Aren't you glad you discovered it? I feel like there are still so many places I need to discover around here.
I am so sorry about your week! Augh! I can only imagine how awful that well-check went! Poor kiddos!
North Market sounds wonderful too! Especially the gelato! Here's to hoping next week is fabulous and puke-free!
Ohhh, you so deserved that sis! Sounds like a dream come true after a week from...well, you know. Love you guys!
Nice!! Free Saturday's are the best!! I'm glad you guys were able to make a quick plan, execute, and have a great time. I'm gonna have to try one of those gelatos some time!
By the way, nice use of the word "wares"! Let me tast your wares!
What a week! Hope everyone's feeling better.
Looks like you guys really found some fun places to visit. My twins would have loved the Bob exhibit.
By the way, I love how you change the song playing on your blog to go along with your post.
lol mateo...i totally thought of that as i wrote it! the sad thing is, the video was made in 1987.
I'm glad you were able to have a fun "family" day all to yourselves! It's fun to have company or go on vacation, but it's always nice to get back to normal life. It will be fun to see all the fun places you have discovered! Can't wait to see you in a week!!! By the way, what ever happened to that "Mother Goose" video?
Its great being tourists in your own city especially after a bit of a transition after a holiday.
Your week sounds horrendous! I'm surprised you haven't been on here whining away! (Not that you're a whiner, just that's what I would have been doing !) Glad you could end your week with some fun and fabulous food!
What a blissful weekend! I can not even begin to imagine what you had to go through with poor Tyler! Here's hoping he's well soon! Glad y'all had a great time together...I know that doesn't happen often!
Mickey, my friend, I haven't had time to look at anyones personal blogs for---ever! You are so disgustingly, beautifully talented with your colors, schemes, and overal Michelleness. Back to the pnw eh? I'll be up in Marysville December 29-2nd of January, to visit Shirley (with my whole fam, hubby and kiddos included). Will you be in Washington? As I miss your face?
That re-circumcision sounds harsh.
Love you!
What a load of crap, I just typed up a huge comment and then it said unable to post!
Mom, I have no idea what happened to Mother Goose, but you are all cracking me up! I want to taste some of Jeni's wares!
Itch-and-smell, I am so sorry about your manic Monday, mom told me all about it! I'm so glad you got some sort of reward for dealing with all of that!
Post a Comment