Thursday, September 14, 2006

Our Vacation, Part II

After the ranch we headed to Provo for a few days and stayed with Peter's aunt Kathleen (or as we like to call her, Auntie Kate). We had such a great time seeing her & her daughter, Kate. Parker had a fabulous time with his second cousins, Amelia & Lucia. She is such a wonderful hostess and we love her!

We also spent time on those days with my family who was out for Education Week. We had a Chinese buffet all together (I think a first for our family!) and met up on several other occasions. It was great to have all of my siblings and parents together again.

Then Peter headed back home and we (the boys & I) drove up with my parents in a two-day road trip to Washington. The road trip was fine, only a couple of meltdowns and one major blowout! I think I packed enough toys for an army of preschoolers, but I was glad I did because Parker liked the rotation. Along the way we had beautiful views of the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls.

The days spent in Washington were filled with trips to Alki Beach in Seattle, the Children's Hands On Museum in Olympia, and many other short excursions that we could pull off with a sleeping baby. I had a fun time with my mom shopping & chatting and it was great to catch up with what my dad is doing with being Bishop & his business. I also loved having so much time to hang out with Mollie, Matt & Lisa, and other extended family. Parker had a great time with his cousins Kennedi, Klare & Vanessa. He also had a great trip to see the boats at Harbor Days. Thanks, Grandma & Grandpa! September is always a great time to visit the Northwest - I highly recommend it to anyone!

The flight back was a little crazy, but we made it and we're glad to be home with Daddy!

3 comments:

Sariah said...

Oh, man,...sounds like y'all had a blast! I can't wait to visit the Northwest again! I'm glad you got to spend time with your family. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

We sure do miss you guys! Give the boys a big kiss from Grandma Brown.

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like a great trip, Michelle. That's what summers are for.