So today I am surviving on 90 minutes of sleep. Tyler got his 2-month shots yesterday, and was up all night.
On my way to and from meeting Peter for lunch, my two boys wailed in the backseat. As I dropped my Mother's Day cards at the post office on the way home (all the while taking deep, cleansing breaths), I tuned out the crying and started thinking of my own mom, and feeling grateful.
I am grateful that she was not a psycho mom. I'm convinced now that any mom is susceptible to going psycho. I'm grateful she never thought to drown us like that crazy lady on the news, when really there were moments when all she wished for was to be alone (like me in the car today.) I am in awe at how many times, in the 30 years she has been a mom, that she has had to bite her tongue, stay her hand, and say prayers in her heart because she didn't know how she was going to do it. When I think about 30 years of doing the same with my kids, I feel really tired. She is amazing.
Happy Birthday, Mom.
2 comments:
Michelle,
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! I second your tribute to Moms! Praying for more sleep for you and Tyler.
Renee
I totally agree with you. My mom was a single mom of 3 for a while so I can't even imagine how hard that would be. Hope you get some naps here and there.
Post a Comment