
It's as though he knew that it was his birthday, and he was "graduating" out of babyhood. Upon entering the car the day that he turned two, he
passed right by his own carseat and headed right over to Parker's booster. He planted himself in it and turned to give me this cheeky smile that melted my heart! (Notice Parker's arm, ready to whop him for the invasion).

We celebrated with our friends & neighbors, the Fultons. He was happy to get a new trike (to keep up with big brother) from Mom & Dad, a Nerf basketball hoop from Parker, a dump truck from Grandma Stewart, a soccer net from Grandma Brown, & a beautiful quilt from Great-Grandma Tschudy. I simply cannot see how I neglected to get pictures of his party, but at least we got it on video. I did manage to get this shot of his cake beforehand. He is obsessed with finding Goldbug in the Richard Scarry book, "Cars and Trucks and Things that Go."
Here are some fun facts about our little buddy...
Height and weight: 33 inches and 26 pounds...he's our little scrapper.
Obsessions: cars, "beeeg" trucks, planes, helicopters, trains...basically anything that drives or flies, balls, books, being outside, his bike & sweets.
Must-haves: binky, baba, blankie, Little Einsteins or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, not to be carried, a "bieeeeete" of everything Mommy or Daddy is eating, and any toy that Parker is playing with.
Foods he will eat: pretzels/crackers, carrots, mac n' cheese, spaghetti, sloppy joes, hamburgers, fries, sugar snap peas, and of course, anything sweet.
Favorite Song: He actually
hates it when we sing or dance, and yells "STOP!"
Nicknames: T-bone, T or T-T, T-bird.
Hair Style: Sticks up every which way - just like his dad.
Favorite Toys: Refer to the "obsessions."
Favorite Pasttimes: torturing Parker, making Mom chase him, Daddy crazy time, reading Richard Scarry or Where's Waldo books, jumping off of things, and playing cars or trains.

Smile: Still missing his top eye teeth and his 2-year-old molars. He's got a little space between his two front teeth, which I think is adorable.
Favorite words/phrases: "Thank you, MOM!", "stop!", "more", "Ca-ca (Parker)", "where's dad?", "oh, man!", "cool", "weeeed (read)", "peeez (please)", "no!", "beeg truck", "car", "blast off!" & "oh no!".
He amazes us with: his highly developed motor skills & how he already knows many of his letters!
17 comments:
I totally forgot about Goldbug...zach used to love to look for him too. Your cake is so cute. Wish I had creative skills.
What a cute, cute boy! I love that first picture. You've totally captured his energy and excitement (and I love the big brother in the background, captures real life so well). The cake turned out darling. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Tyler. Man, time flies! Totally cute cake, I'm jealous. That could have been about the same shape as my "dreamed up" turtle cake for Sam. Cute boys you have!
He is just the cutest "all boy" little guy around! He has so much zest for life and is such a fun guy! You can't help but smile when he is around!
I was watching for an update every day about his birthday, and it finally came! It was worth the wait, the pictures are adorable, and I love all of the facts you included! Thanks for sharing!
is he two already?!!
He is adorable Michelle! It's funny how you say he doesn't like to be held, I remember chatting with you in the hall at church those many times and he would try as hard as he could to get down!! He looks like he loves life! what a keeper!!
Very impressive that he knows his letters! I can't believe he is already 2! Where does time go--they grow up WAY too fast!
by the way--Brad, Susan and family have been in Utah and the twins said that you are a great teacher (not that I am at all surprised)!
LOVE this little tribute to T-bone! And that picture of Tyler sitting in Parker's car seat and Parker ready to whack him!!! PRICELESS!!! I was laughing so hard!
Tyler really is a cute boy! Love that smile and I love that gap in his front teeth too!
You have a darling family Michelle! You have surely be uber blessed!
Happy birthday buddy! This post was adorable. First, great, great job on the cake! You never cease to amaze me! You'll have to give me some tips. And I love the way you did this post. This is the kind of stuff I do in the kids scrapbooks on their birthday and you did it so cute. I love all the cute facts about him! I may have to copy this all summer with all four of my kids birthdays! Great job!
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Tyler you are a cutie. Awesome cake!
He is so stinkin' lovable! I just want to squeeeze him! Fabulous job on the cake! You have a gift! I think after my many failed attempts in this arena, I prefer b-day cupcakes! ;)
Cute pics and lovin' the cake. My favorite pic is the one with chocolate all over his face...it is too good to be a kid.
Happy birthday to you! I love the cake, too. You are my inspiration.
Happy Birthday Tyler!!
Happy Birthday Kid! You documented it so well with all the little fun facts! The cake turned out so good! Very fun and orginal having a Richard Scarry theme!
he's getting big. i don't think i've ever seen him other than on your blog, but it's been fun to watch him grow up.
What a fun b-day post! I loved reading all about T-bone! What a sweet, fun little dude! As I said earlier, LOVE THE CAKE! Also diggin the new layout, and the new shoes song! I love that song (and the Jason Castro song)!
Post a Comment