Wednesday, March 05, 2008

O-U-T

Our Week in Review:
Out - with the girls! I was madly missing my girls' nights out and instigated this one at the Chocolate Cafe (where else?) with some friends. I think most of us were a little tired from a day cooped up with kiddos (school was canceled due to snow), so it was a great night to get out and have some girl chat!


Out - to the mall playland! They have a great one not far from us, and the boys LOVE playing there. This works out nicely, since I LOVE shopping at this particular mall. Tyler would not get off the slide the whole time.

Out - to the movies! We celebrated a great week for Parker's behavior on Saturday with a trip to the dollar theater. We were pleasantly surprised by "Bee Movie" - very cute, and the kids loved every minute of it.

Out - to the zoo! Monday held GORGEOUS, 67 degree weather for us, and there was no way I was going to let it slip by without soaking up every ray of sunshine. We spent the whole afternoon there, and even met some new friends!

Out - to tour the Chocolate Factory! Anthony-Thomas's factory is right near our church building and the whole tour smelled heavenly. We loved watching the workers "help" the Easter Bunny by making lots of Easter treats, and even got to sample some in the end.

Out - for the count. I guess the whimsies of Wal-Mart were not enough to hold my little one's interest on this shopping trip. Maybe it was simply the lack of naps from all of our other "out"ings.

14 comments:

Sariah said...

Yippee for "Out"ings! I'm so glad that you took advantage of getting out! I feel like I've been couped up in the house with sickness the whole month of Feb. and have made it a point this week of doing the same! Nothing like getting out to rejuvenate your anti-funk tanks!

Love that picture of Tyler in the buggy. Poor kid, he had to have a neck ache after that nap!

Rachel said...

You should really get OUT more often! heehee

Loved this post...too fun! Oh and I would so be all over that CHocolate Cafe night out! Yummy!

Lonica said...

Sounds like a great week! I know the chocolate cafe was fun!

Anne Marie said...

Oh, friend, I'm so glad you've gotten out to such fun places. And I am so happy that you had such nice weather for the zoo. That mall playland looks like so much fun. Girls' night out...sounds perfect.

Mom B. said...

What a lot of fun! It is always great to get out of the house after being cooped up for a long time. I remember feeling that way when I was doing daycare, and dad was working late and weekends all the time! If I got out, I had to take all of you guys with me, so it didn't seem like much of a break! I sure was glad when you were old enough to babysit your younger siblings! Thanks for all the cute pictures!

mateo said...

Wow, what a week! I'm really jealous of your 67 degree weather. You guys always find all the cool stuff to do. Does that chocolate cafe have butt-guys?

Katrina said...

What a fun blog! Glad to hear you're making to most of good and bad weather! Sure wish we had a mall closer by here!
Oh, and I want some chocolate! ; )

andrewsrock said...

that picture of Tyler cracks me up!! you must have worn him out!! I'm all about that though! I've tried getting my kids to run circles in our house just to get them to release some energy!! So we found out when we're moving to Cleveland, June 18th. Will you guys still be there? please?!!!!!!

enickel said...

I am waiting for the answer to the last question by andresrock. I loved the pics too. When I saw Tyler in the cart I first thought of the neck too. For some reason they are just more flexible then us.

Heidi said...

Michelle, you never cease to amaze me. You are always "out 'n' about" doing cool things. Way to take advantage of the moment whenever it arises. And all that chocolate sounds wonderful!!! I wish we had a chocolate cafe and a chocolate factory in B-ville. I was so desperate yesterday that I snuck into the piano lesson "treasure box" and stole some chocolate for myself. Anyway, thanks for sharing your fun outings!

christine said...

I love this time of year when you can start getting 'out' a lot more. That chocolate outing sounds my type of trip. :)

sherrie said...

i love that you pulled out your camera in walmart. that's hilarious. looks like a fun weekend. glad it's getting warmer around there!

Anonymous said...

Can you come up to Washington and instigate a "girls night out" for me? You're the best social instigater. And send us some of that warm weather, too!

Alyson M. said...

Ack! I'm totally having hair envy! Your friend on the front left has such cute hair. Am I really growing mine out?? BTW, love the specks sister! I'm glad to see you among friends. Girl-night outings are the best, and it is fun to see some of your new buds.