I have been dying to be able to post this for a LONG TIME...but I had to wait until it was official! Peter just accepted a position to work as a child psychologist in our homeland of the Pacific Northwest! Hooray! It is with the Tri-Cities Neuropsychology and Counseling Clinic in Richland, Washington. We are both SO ecstatic about this unexpected and very welcomed opportunity! It is what we were holding out for, and we feel incredibly blessed. We will move from Columbus at the end of August, and he will start the first week of September. AAAAAHHH! I am just so excited about it, that I can hardly contain myself. Aside from a nearly ideal job situation and career move for Peter, 300 days of sun per year, excellent schools (with release-time seminary!), and an extremely family friendly community in the Tri-cities, here are just a FEW reasons why we can't wait to get there:
The first and foremost being...FAMILY!! We will only be 4 hours from my parents in beautiful Olympia, Washington, three & a half hours from Peter's parents in gorgeous Lake Oswego, Oregon, and three hours from my sister, Mollie, and her family in Bothell, Washington!
Washington Wine Country...no, we don't drink it, but I've always wanted to live among vineyards!
Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

Cannon Beach, Oregon

Mt. Rainier

Seattle

Multnomah Falls

Leavenworth, Washington

Mt. Hood
The Columbia River Temple - right in RichlandSeriously, this is only a small sample of what we have to look forward to! And all of these within a stone's throw of us, relatively speaking :). Although we've still got a lot to get through before we make the move, we are so happy!

28 comments:
MICHELLE!!! I can't believe it!!! Congratulations!!! This is soooo incredibly wonderful for your family! I'm way excited for you! This move even has a bonus for ME b.c when I visit family...I have a good chance to seeing you and yours!!! I just might be a little more motivated to visit my parents again! lol.
Your schooling journey is almost at it's end and the great reward is within your grasps! I couldn't be more thrilled for you! Congrats again to Peter and all y'all!
HOORAY!! I've been waiting to hear this official word! I'm so happy the job was all you were hoping it would be and it's all working out--your faith and hope through all of this is really paying off. What a blessing for all of you and a great reward for Peter and his hard work. And to think we met you guys before he even started his program...wow!
WOW, YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! I'm jumping up and down for you. I'm so excited!!! And I'm SO glad you ended up where you wanted to. That's such a blessing. Congrats!
Congratulations and WOO-HOO! I am so excited for you guys and all your extended family, too.
I am green with envy. I keep getting further away from the Pacific Northwest rather than closer. I grew up in Snohomish WA And my parents are in Oregon. So many amazing things to do and see there. I hope the move all goes well. And I am soooo happy for you.
YEAH!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. The minute I saw the title I was smiling. Congratulations! So is there a university there with a strong geography/forestry/environmental department there? I too am very green with envy. What a great place to end up.
Oh, friend!!!!! Congratulations!!!! What an awesome opportunity. And you will be so close to family. Sending you hugs. Wooohoooo!
How exciting?!? It will be so nice to be close to family and have a temple right in your town! We are hoping to get back to the Pacific Northwest soon, too!
i think i want to move there now!
congratulations!!! i'm so happy for y'all! it will be so nice to be near your family.
this is exciting! after living so long in the midwest i know you guys are happy to be back home. i still need to make it up there to see the tulip festival. how beautiful is that?
oh, I am so excited for you guys! Man those pictures are all so beautiful! You guys are really blessed! I'll have to make Jason take a gander at the pics and maybe persuade him that Washington isn't so bad after all!
as for you cadbury mini egg post, you should try what I did. One year I bought 7 bags at Shopko, cause they fly off the shelves so fast and I wanted to make sure I had plenty. I think I actually bought a few more after my initial purchase...any..they lasted until JUNE and I was SO SO sick of them! Now I can only eat a few every year!
Congrats! I'm glad you got the job you were hoping for. The pictures look beautiful and it will be great to be near family. We'll miss having you around in Columbus though...
Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be...MY NEIGHBOR!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I am so excited, I could just explode! I am so happy for you guys, we are counting down the days!
This is wonderful news! Congratulations, and way to go Peter!
As a fellow Washingtonian, I can totally relate to the euphoria you feel about finally coming home! It makes all the hard work you guys have done worth it, no? I am soooo very happy for you guys. That is the best news ever! And just maybe we'll bump into you now and again. Congrats!!!
WOOO HOO! Happy Dance! How seriously, seriously cool for you! :) I'm beaming from ear to ear for you!!
Well, of course you know how I feel! I never really thought you would make it back here once you left, but I was mistaken!
Now I will be able to have my "cousins camp" when they are a little older! We will have so much fun and I am so excited!!!
How exciting. Can't wait for the day when I can write a post similar to this one. What a perfect place to raise kids eh?
Oh Michelle!! what a dream come true!! I am so happy for you guys! and sooooo jealous at the same time! I didn't know your sister lives in Bothell! that was my favorite area on my mission! loved it! Good luck getting everything ready, and Uh....plan on June 19th for a visit!!!
Yea!! Oh and about the Cadbury eggs! everytime I see them I think of you! and a bag does NOT last long in our house!
HOW EXCITING!! There is nothing better than "going home" as it were!! I am so excited for you!!! Does this mean that if we decide to take a little road trip we could come say "hello" to you?
CONGRATULATIONS!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy that everything has worked out for you!!
Congrats! We are excited for your fun family changes and to be heading closer to family. Best of luck to your last few months in Ohio.
We are so happy and excited for you to get to "go home"! (And jealous! JK, we love Kansas!)
We are excited for your new upcoming life's adventures and happy that your student life is finally about over. Yeah! You deserve the best!
I add my congratulations - the pictures are beautiful. I'm so happy for you and your family. You can definitely see Heavenly Father's hand in all of this.
Hey, this is GREAT!! I'm so glad you guys will end up where you want to be. What a blessing!
There's no place like, "home" that's for sure.
So, you have a million friends as I see from your comments!! Congrats on the new placement. I am jealous, it sounds fabulous -- can we visit?? :)
Cool news! Congratulations! You forgot to list that you'll only be 10 hours away from me!
-Minnick
Yeah!! I have a sister who lives there too!!! Seriously--Steve grew up in Walla Walla and my sister, Nicole lives in Pasco--so let me know if you want me to "hook you up" with contacts :) So excited for you---great housing market there.
Post a Comment