This fall Parker has been enrolled in a "Sporties for Shorties" class through Parks & Rec, and it has been so fun for him. He's one of about twenty kids and the goal of the class is to introduce them to different kinds of sports. So far they've practiced soccer, basketball and hockey. I've gone to watch twice and I've been so impressed by his excitement and eagerness to learn something that formerly hasn't interested him much. He loves that Daddy goes with him and is one of the only daddies that actually plays with him! Tyler was a little sad to be left out of the fun. Parker's favorite part of each class is playing "Red light, Green light" at the end. Maybe he'll be a track star! Go, Parker!


8 comments:
OMGosh!! Parker is THE CUTEST!! That is so neat he is doing this program! It's interesting how kids open up around their peers and are suddenly turned on to things you've tried to introduce for years! Love it! Poor Tyler, he'll soon be right up there with Parker!
And Kudos to Peter too for being so involved. Parker and Tyler are lucky indeed!
What a great idea! They get to learn about sports, but without the competition! That's great that Peter is able to participate. Maybe you and Tyler could do something fun while Parker and Daddy are in class. See you soon!
Parker looks like he is having lots of fun. His face just shows how excited he is.
I love the pic with Peter holding Parker up to make a shot! Too cute! It looks like he is having a blast! Poor little T-Bone! His day will come!
I agree with Meg, the Daddy lift shot is adorable! See you in a couple days! Woo-hoo!
ps...that song is freakin' hilarious! especially when that pic of t-bone comes up! he looks like one of those passionate sports fan....lol
wow, that's a great way to get kids introduced to sports! I'm glad Peter can be there with him.
That is so cute! I love how Peter is involved. Sounds like a great program to be part of.
Post a Comment