We just spent a fun-filled week with our great friends from Kansas, the Thayns! Jon, Debbi, Mary & Lucy found those killer $10 tickets on Skybus and trekked out here to Ohio. Friends like the Thayns make us think of the saying, "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves," since they have been like family to us since we've known them. We are so glad they came!
Even in the lowly physical state of the women involved (Debbi is pregnant with twin boys, and you know my saga), we did a lot of exploring. Our travels included a trip to Kirtland and a jaunt through Hocking Hills State Park. We also hit Graeter's Ice cream, City BBQ, a local pet shop, the outlets, and the mall. Although Tyler and Lucy didn't love each other the whole time, Parker and Mary were very happy to be reunited and had the greatest time getting into mischief together. The adults had a fab time, especially when the kiddos were happily off playing or snoozing and we could actually talk!
It was a great week and we got some fabulous shots - double click on our Flickr badge at the right to check them out (when the new window pops up, be sure to click on the slideshow projector icon at the right to see all of the photos as a slideshow).
Their visit also came at a perfect time for me, as they were here to support me through being officially diagnosed with RA. My doctor was great and I felt very confident with her diagnosis and abilities. I am now on Prednisone and Plaquenil and after just a few days, I'm feeling fabulous! Hooray for drugs!
Even in the lowly physical state of the women involved (Debbi is pregnant with twin boys, and you know my saga), we did a lot of exploring. Our travels included a trip to Kirtland and a jaunt through Hocking Hills State Park. We also hit Graeter's Ice cream, City BBQ, a local pet shop, the outlets, and the mall. Although Tyler and Lucy didn't love each other the whole time, Parker and Mary were very happy to be reunited and had the greatest time getting into mischief together. The adults had a fab time, especially when the kiddos were happily off playing or snoozing and we could actually talk!
It was a great week and we got some fabulous shots - double click on our Flickr badge at the right to check them out (when the new window pops up, be sure to click on the slideshow projector icon at the right to see all of the photos as a slideshow).
Their visit also came at a perfect time for me, as they were here to support me through being officially diagnosed with RA. My doctor was great and I felt very confident with her diagnosis and abilities. I am now on Prednisone and Plaquenil and after just a few days, I'm feeling fabulous! Hooray for drugs!
19 comments:
i'm jealous! i need to go there soon and visit all those places too. good pics - i bet you enjoyed seeing all the sites. sorry about your diagnosis, but glad you are feeling better. i don't know much about RA, but hope that things will improve for you soon.
I've been waiting for this post! I can totally see a future for Mary and Parker, I think I saw a perfect engagement picture! So glad the Thayne's could visit you guys. So our plan is in November,....I think. Will you be our tour guides too? Glad you're feeling better!
I'm glad that the Thayns were able to go visit. Tell us about Skybus! $10 tickets anywhere would be fab.!
Prednisone will definitely jump start your system! Hope you don't get high off of it like our Princess (or if you do that you get a lot of cleaning & scrapbooking done)!
Hurray for drugs!!! We can't wait to see you on Thursday! I will be picking you up and staying the night at Mom's. See you soon!
hey kelly...i've added a hyperlink on skybus...check it out!
How fun! I didn't know she was pregnant... And twins! Wow! I can't believe how big everyone's kiddos are getting.
What a great weekend! Good friends are the greatest, aren't they?! Tyler has the greatest eyes, my goodness. You must get weak in the knees every morning when he looks at you! So glad you are feeling fabulous again "yellow" girl!
Can't wait to show dh about skybus! That's awesome!
My three-year-old niece was just diagnosed with severe juvenile arthritis, so we are going through the same stuff around here. I am so glad your meds are working :) yeah!!
I am so glad you're feeling much better, friend! That sounds like such a fabulous week. Love all the pictures. What a great time of year to be outside!
Sounds like a fun week and that always helps when your spirits are down! Cute pictures of everyone! See you soon!
Those are some of the cutest kids I have ever seen!
Cute picture! I'm so glad you guys had a good weekend and that those drugs are kickin it! WOO HOO!!
Thank goodness for drugs! Glad to hear you are feeling significantly better! What a blast! SOunds like a fabulous weekend!
Oh, I'm sooo happy you found relief from your pain and you're out having a fabulous time! Loved your pictures! We will be in Nauvoo (and all over Ohio for that matter) in January! Tyler is getting married there. We'll have to visit or meet somewhere. I would love to meet your cute babies and see ya, girlfriend!
Your site is so great. I love your cute family! I am happy to hear that the meds are working for you. I am going to make that pumpkin crunch cake tomorrow. Sounds yummy! -Erika
I couldn't agree more...Hooray for drugs! Glad you are getting some relief...and that you have such great friends.
That park looks sweet! I'm glad you had some friends there to help out and get your mind off things. you should make a t-shirt that says D.A.R.E...g.f.r.a. (Drugs Are Really Extra Good For Rhumatoid Arthritis!)
Glad you got some drugs--hopefully they will help!
Post a Comment