Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What Being a Mom is All About

It is 65 degrees here today and spring is in the air! I just came in from having a wonderful time in our little backyard with the boys. Parker and I played t-ball for a while, and then Tyler woke up. I think it was Tyler's first formal introduction to grass and outside toys, and he giggled as I walked him around in the grass and let him play on the slide. To celebrate the backyard fun, we all enjoyed popsicles afterward. Parker said, "It's so great to have family popsicles, huh Mom?" My house is a disaster, but these are the moments that I live for.

7 comments:

Sariah said...

I was just thinking I wanted to blog about Spring being in the air! It's a new year beginning and how fun for your boys to have such a fun hands on mom! Suck it all into your mommy reserve tank for those "i'm not diggin being a mom today" days! Have fun!

christine said...

I love warmer weather when you can get outside and just 'play'. Your kids sounds really great fun--you are quite lucky to be blessed with having such a wonderful family.

Michelle said...

okay, i just have to add that it actually got up to 70 yesterday and now it is SNOWING outside! what crazy kansas weather!

sherrie said...

how cute - family popsicles. hey heard there was some crazy tornadoes over in your neck of the woods. how's that all going?

Anne Marie said...

I love the warmer months with kids. Glad you're making the most of it.

Heidi said...

What a sweet description. You have two very sweet boys...and they are lucky to have you as a mom. Family popsicles, huh? Sounds fun! Can't wait to see you guys soon! Maybe we can all have some family popcicles together. (If it stops snowing where you are!!)

My Many Coloured Days said...

I just blogged about spring never coming and then read your post! Good for you enjoying the moments that make up the memories! You are a GREAT Mom!