Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Funny Valentine

When I was single, I really thought that Valentine's Day is not all it's cracked up to be. I hadn't felt that way in a long time...until yesterday! I awoke early to FREEZING temperatures outside, Tyler's sniffles & coughs and to Parker's puking...

...and puking and puking. He has never had the stomach flu, so this was new for me. I really couldn't leave his side for more than ten minutes, or else the bowl and I would miss the inevitable "BLECH!" Poor guy. Luckily he seemed to get better by afternoon, when...

...my refrigerator went out! You know those prank calls we used to make, "Hey! Is your refrigerator running?" Well apparently I didn't "catch" mine in time because all of my food ended up in the backyard's snow in an effort to preserve it. All afternoon was spent with two repairmen and my landlady, whose company I really didn't mind, until...

...dinnertime. I had this whole menu planned for a fun, family Valentine's day meal and since half of it was now frozen in the backyard, we decided to get a take-and-bake pizza. I left my nice warm house, got there, ordered, and realized I had left my wallet at home! Argh. Before totally losing it when I got home, Peter led me to our room, where laid out on the bed was...

...a Valentine from the kids, chocolates, and a sweet card from him revealing that we are heading out to see Eric Clapton in concert this April! It has been one of my dreams to see him in concert, so Peter really turned what had been a disastrous day into the best day ever! Love you, honey!

9 comments:

Sariah said...

I can't believe you made it to almost 4 year without a puke fest!! Mission impossible, made possible! I seriously need you to spare some of your hardy antibodies with my family!! Sounds like Valentines was an adventure. I'm glad your boys pulled if off with a great get away! Enjoy your concert!

Kelly said...

Poor Parker!! Poor Mommy!! I'm glad there was *something* good about yesterday for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! what a sad valentines day!! Clayton had the miserable pukeys last week--and it wasn't fun!! I wish you lived close so I could share some delish cannelonis with you guys too! That's hilarious! I'm excited for your Eric Clapton concert--good job Peter!

sherrie said...

poor parker. that's definately not fun. hey we had take and bake pizza for valentine's ;) eric clapton would be awesome to see - he saved the day!

Anne Marie said...

What a CRAZY day! So glad that Peter was able to save the day with that sweet gift.

Heidi said...

Wow...what a day! Peter is so on top of things. I'm glad he saved the day. You two are a perfect match. Ashley just had the pukes a few weeks ago for the first time. Very sad. Let's hope we all don't experience that for a loooong time. And Eric Clapton...how fun!

Anonymous said...

I can not believe he is four and just had that for the first time! Incredible! Even more incredible is that you didn't get it! Would you come take care of my kids when they get it?? I ALWAYS get it when my kids do, like 5 times in the last 4 years! What a fabulous hubby you have! Happy V-day!

Katie said...

Michelle! What a rotten day...until the end. Phew! Thank heavens for cool husbands! :) That wallet thing--it's the straw that breaks the camels back. I've done it before....errrrrr. Sorry about the flu--it's the saddest thing! Hope nobody else has gotten it! Love ya.

sherrie said...

michelle you are officially tagged to do the "me from a-z" post. see this post for details. love ya!