
The first year I lived here, I was invited to an ornament exchange party at my friend Kristy's house. It was, being the fabulous hostess that Kristy is, one of the most fun parties I had ever gone to and when she moved the following year, I made it my personal mission to carry on her legacy.
Now, there was no way I could do this without help, so I recruited my friends Camie & Michelle. That first year, we had about 40 ladies attend and it was insane, but a total blast. The next year we had about 30, and this year we were down to 15. I guess I'm not as cool as I used to be!
As usual, it was a very fun evening spent chatting with great friends, eating delicious food and taking home a darling new ornament. I hope wherever we end up next year that I have the ambition to do it again - with a whole new crowd!
10 comments:
This looks so fun. You're so awesome to keep it going. Wish I could have been there.
Michelle, sorry I missed it! It looks like everyone had a good time. I'd say 15 is a great number...so don't worry about your coolness going away.
What a fun tradition. I had to restrain myself from jumping in the car to join in the fun. So glad you started this tradition--you're a great party-thrower!
sounds like a fun idea...you should post the ornament you got! do you guys make them or just buy and switch? i actually went to one a few years back and it was a lot of fun - we did the whole elephant gift thing where if you liked someone else's better you could take theirs...got pretty crazy!
anne - i missed you there!
lori - thanks for restoring my cool factor :)
cam - i missed you (and your chocolate mousse cake), too!
sher - that is actually how we did it - the whole stealing thing...it definitely keeps things interesting! and we've had people who have made them or bought them. this year we had someone who brought vintage ones from the attic - way cool.
Awwww! I love and miss the ornament exchange! If I hadn't had to plan a stinkin' ward party, I would have had one this year, too. :)
Jennifer Baird took the tradition to Indiana!
Looks like a fun party :0)
That sounds like a lot of festive fun and with you involved,..I know it was! We have always been a fabulous entertainer. So what ornament did you end up with?
Thanks for the fun time Michelle and Michelle.
Isn't it fun to pretend steal? Looks like a fun party, we're putting our fam party on tonight. I don't think I'm as cool as you though Michelle.
Post a Comment